Chapter 51

2 months later (Sorry about the sudden time jump!)

Sum for y'all b4 I head to bed 🏃🏾‍♀️💨

Toni took a deep breath as she and her wife sat in the same room they did 2 years ago when they were impregnating Cheryl with Hunter.

Christmas was 3 weeks away, and the couple had decided that it was that year where they would try for baby 2. To say Toni was nervous was an understatement, Toni was anxious and she kept fidgeting with her hands. Cheryl would notice on occasion and would reach forward to hold them.

"My love, calm down. Everything will go well. Dr. Sanders is the best here." Cheryl reassured her. "W-what if I'm not eligible to carry a baby." The brunette mumbled.

Cheryl rolled her eyes with a giggle, "Babe, you're more than 'eligible' to have babies. Remember? We both got tested before Hunter, and we got positive results back." Cheryl squeezed her hand and Toni let out a chuckle, "God, you're right. Why am I getting myself so worked up for?" Toni sighed.

Cheryl kissed her hair while squeezing her hand, "Remember how nervous I was too? You had to tell me how good of a mother I'll be." Cheryl reminisced.

"Yeah...and you're a hell of a good one now." The brunette smiled. "See. This is nothing to us, all we have to do is have patience. Hunter came with a lot of it, remember how hard it was to get him out of sleeping in his crib? He was so upset." Cheryl pouted.

Flashback

"Come on, Hunty. It's a big boy bed! You're a big boy now, right?" Toni tried to convince their son.

"No! No! No!" Hunter shook his head as tears streamed down his face. Cheryl picked him up with a pout, "Baby, you're a big boy now. You can't sleep in a crib anymore, you're too big for one." She frowned.

"I w-want-" He stopped with a sniffle, "Crib." He finished. "I know, baby. But you can't have it anymore, and that's okay. It's okay to be sad about growing up, but you have to, yeah?" Toni rubbed his back.

Hunter nodded, hiding his face in Cheryl's neck, "I tell you what. If you sleep in your bed tonight, and you don't like it. Mommy and I will find a crib for your size, kay?" The tanned woman sighed.

"Otay." Hunter perked up. "Yay!" Cheryl cheered playfully, moving his long hair from his face to kiss his cheek.

Cheryl laid him down and wiped his face of his tears, "Momma and I are right down the hall. Remember?" She whispered and when Hunter nodded she leaned forward to kiss his forehead and mumbled "Good night" against it.

Present time

"He loves that bed now." Toni giggled. Before Cheryl could reply, Dr. Sanders, knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Toni says, getting ready. "You ladies ready?" She asked, setting the template down.

"Yes." Cheryl breathed out. They got the same donor they had with Hunter and they mixed some of Cheryl's DNA, basically the same procedure from when Cheryl had Hunter.  (A/N: Yes, I know that's not how it works with the DNA thing, roll with it😭)

"Alright, here we go." Dr. Sanders smiled.

******

Toni sat in the living room with Hunter on her lap as the boy watched his favorite YouTube channel, Ryan's Toys review.

"Hey, buddy," Toni whispered, grabbing her son's attention.

"Yes, momma?" He asked and Toni chuckled, sometimes she wonders if her son is two years old or a teenager.