Chapter 87

2 months later (October)

"Aliana..." a soft whisper emitted from Cheryl's lips. She rubbed the girl's back gently as she continued to whisper her name. It was earlier than when she'd usually wake up the girl so she knew it'll be harder to wake her up.

After Aliana's 5th birthday two weeks ago, the couple knew it was time for them to enroll her into school. They knew they should've done pre-school first, since Alia wasn't ready to be put there yet, but the couple wanted to see how she could take it before making that decision.

"Alia, baby, it's time to get up," she whispered once more before reaching up to push some of the girl's hair from her face. Finally, Aliana stirred and turned her head to face Cheryl. The auburn-haired girl opened her eyes and her mother smiled softly. "Good morning, my love."

"Mmm." Aliana hummed tiredly as she tried to adjust her eyes.

"I know you're still tired, baby. But you start school today!" the lawyer tried to get her excited. Aliana only pouted. Cheryl huffed and sat up properly to pull the girl into her lap.

Aliana slumped when the redhead picked her up causing her to laugh. "Okay, baby, I get it. But this is important, okay? Just give it a try, I promise it'll be fun!"

"I wanna stay home with mommy, baby sister and brother." she pouted.

"Hey, I know it's scary to try new things. I remember when I started my first day of high school."

"Mommy went to school?" Aliana pulled her head away from her mother's chest. Cheryl nodded with a chuckle. "We all do, baby."

"I wanna hear!"

"Okay, so I had gone through some bad things-"

"Oh no. Mommy okay?" the girl's hazel eyes saddened. "Of course, I'm okay, princess. Look, I'm right here, see?" Aliana nodded and sighed in relief. "Where was I? Oh, right. So I had gone through some bad things and I had to be homeschooled, which is another form of schooling, through my teenage years. But once I turned 18, grammy blossom made me go back to school."

"You didn't want to?"

"No, I was so scared because I was just like you. Shy, nervous, and way too kind. But, Auntie Betty and momma made sure I was okay on my first day of school."

"Wait, you and momma see each other in school?" curious eyes stared up at her mother's blue ones. "Mhm." the woman nodded. "We met in high school and fell in love."

"Ouhhhh." the girl smiled. "I wanna fall in love like you guys." she nodded. "When you're older, my love." Cheryl chuckled before continuing her story. "Anyways, Auntie Betty and momma helped me on my first day. I was so nervous and didn't say any words. I got introduced to Betty's best friends and they immediately accepted me for who I am."

"Aww. I love momma and Auntie Betty."

"I do too, princess." Cheryl smiled. "Now, I want you to walk into that school with your head held high because you, my beautiful butterfly, are a Topaz. And us Topazes don't back down from a challenge."

At that, Aliana smiled and nodded excitedly. "I can do it."

"Yes, you can! Now let's get you ready so we can drop you and Hunter off early." Aliana immediately felt better when she remembered that her big brother is in her school. Cheryl carried to the girl into the bathroom where she helped her brush her teeth and brush her hair.

"Hairstyle?" she questioned softly.

"Two pigtails." Cheryl smiled at her through the mirror before parting her soft hair. She grabbed two small rubber bands and did the style her daughter wanted. Aliana jumped down from her step stool and ran to get dressed.