Chapter 73

*reminder*: "Hubby" is Aliana's way of saying "Hunty"

Getting a 6 and 3-year-old to an airport at 3 am is something the mothers always dreaded.

If it wasn't one thing, it was another. Hunter didn't like his shoes, he wanted slippers. Aliana didn't want the iPad but wouldn't let Hunter have it which resulted in him crying the whole way to the airport.

So, when Hunter and Aliana fell asleep soon as they got seated on the plane, the parents let out a relieved breath.

From here, it looked like the flight would go well.

They could only dream.

"Why are they so disastrous whenever we are on a plane?" Cheryl groaned as she pulled Aliana off Hunter.

"Alia, you can't hit your brother," Toni told her through greeted teeth.

Aliana stopped and her lip dropped down in a pout as it started quivering.

"Baby." Cheryl groaned.

"I'm sorry. She has to know that she can't do that." Toni sighed 

When Aliana started to whine, Cheryl huffed and stood up with the toddler.

"I'll be back." she dismissed herself to the bathroom.

She sat Aliana on the changing table and grabbed some tissues for the girl's nose.

"Hey, what did mommy say about crying? You're so beautiful and I hate to see you upset, my love." she wipes away her daughter's tears.

The small girl rubbed her eyes as she sniffled, taking shaky breaths. Cheryl sat and waited until she calmed down, occasionally caressing her hair or hugging her.

"You wanna tell me why you're so cranky, now?" her mother asked, wiping away excess tears.

"M-Me we-want nap," she spoke through lumbered breathing.

"You're tired? Why didn't you just say that?" she asked and picked her up again.

Aliana just rested her head on the lawyer's shoulder, letting her carry her back out to her mother and brother.

"Everything good?"

"Yes. She just needs a nap." Cheryl replied, settling down in her seat. She let Aliana straddle her lap as she pulled the blanket over her.

Aliana was watching the iPad since Hunter was sitting beside her. She felt her eyes get heavy as her mother rubbed her back.

As she fluttered her eyes open once more, she saw Toni looking at her, the older woman giving her a loving smile. She held out her little hand and Toni didn't hesitate to grab onto it and give it a gentle squeeze.

Soon, she was out cold and the rest of the flight went peacefully.

When it was time to get off of the plane, Cheryl held Aliana and Hunter's hands so Toni will be able to carry their stuff off the plane.

Cheryl smiled at the "Welcome to Orlando, Florida" sign.

It was 10 am in Florida so the sun shined down on the family as they walked to baggage claim.

"Jet lag is going to hit us hard." Toni sighed as they waited for their bags to come around.

Cheryl hummed in agreement, resting her head on Aliana's gently. The girl is still asleep, oblivious to everything around her.

When their bags finally came around, Toni grabbed them and they made their way outside.

A man holding a sign that read "Topaz" was standing a few feet away from the entrance. Toni grabbed his attention and he approached them.