Chapter 43

4 months later

Cheryl folding her unborn son's blankets away in the cabinets of his room. Toni was out with Emily because tomorrow was the brunette's 26th birthday and Emily wanted to spend time with Toni before she had to fly to Miami to see her newborn cousin.

"You're one spoiled boy, I'll tell you that, baby." Cheryl chuckled, rubbing her huge bump. She was due any day now, he was a week late. And it was making her anxious...a good anxious. She was excited to meet her son.

Cheryl opened her hospital bag, double-checking to make sure everything was in there. She had changing clothes, baby boy's diapers, a couple of outfits for him, and other stuff that she may need.

Once she knew she had everything, she zipped up the bag and placed it in the rocking chair that sat in the corner of her son's room.

She looked around, placing stuff that was out of place in the correct spot before sighing, resting her hand on her bump.

"We're ready for you, my baby," Cheryl whispered and giggled when she felt a kick against her hand.

Her phone started ringing from her bedroom. Shutting the door of H's room, Cheryl quickly, but carefully, made her way to answer the phone.

"Hey, sexy! What's up?" She asked, tucking a ginger lock behind her ear.

"I have a surprise for you!" Toni chuckled.

"And what is that, my love?" Cheryl giggled, slipping on her Adidas slides and going downstairs.

"I'll be there in a few, baby. Then you'll get to see it."

"Hurry up then, my show is about to come on, and you know I hate it when I miss it." Cheryl said.

"Oh lord, not that show...you be in such a bad mood after, baby. Tomorrow's my birthday!" Toni said.

"Blah, blah, blah!" Cheryl huffed, putting food in Nala's bowl.

"Okay, I'll see you soon, love you!"

"I love you too." Cheryl chuckled.

Once she hung up the phone, Cheryl called for Nala to eat before going to grab her snacks for her favorite show.

Soon as she took a seat, Toni entered the house, paperwork in her hands.

"Where is my beautiful, sexy, and pregnant wife?!" Toni called making a blush rise to Cheryl's cheeks.

"I'm in the living room, TT!" She called, resting her fruit bowl on her huge baby bump, flicking through the channels for her show.

Toni entered the living room, leaning against the door frame, "What time does your show start? Your surprise is outside!" Toni said, going to sit by Cheryl.

She leaned down kissing Cheryl's stomach as a greeting to her unborn-son.

"He's awake, he was kicking when I was fixing up his nursery." Cheryl giggled when Toni's pecked her lips.

"How was your day with Emily?" Cheryl asked, swallowing a strawberry slice.

"Good! As I said, I have a surprise for you! So could you please pause whatever this is...?" Toni said.

"Geez, why are you so hyper today?" Cheryl giggled, "Wait, I forgot your birthday is tomorrow." She added.

"How did you forget that?!" Toni mocked offense.

"Baby, I have pregnancy brain." The redhead woman said, tuning into the Tv.

Toni grabbed the remote and muted the Tv making Cheryl glared at her, "Antoinette Angelise Topaz!" Cheryl growled, reaching for the remote.