I. Reflection

Holly brushed her forearm along the table, the waiter's body slumping onto the floor in a lifeless heap as a glass shattered beside him and the burger wrappers flittered through the air

Holly brushed her forearm along the table, the waiter's body slumping onto the floor in a lifeless heap as a glass shattered beside him and the burger wrappers flittered through the air. It was a shame, really. He seemed cute. But he was just so delicious.

Far better than the cook, at least. Maybe even better than the fries.

Dabbing at her mouth with a paper napkin, Holly brushed off the crumbs from her cake, finishing her milkshake with a loud slurp. Stepping over the body, she walked over to the door, flipping the sign to Be Back Soon!

"Honestly," Holly tutted, "open 24 hours and yet you still have a closed sign. Must be terrible for business."

Walking into the back, Holly revelled at the diner's kitchen. It was far smaller than she had imagined. Far greasier too.

The cook was inconveniently slumped on the floor in between Holly and the bathroom.

"Oi!" Holly kicked at her, "can you move?" A shrill laugh escaped her, "oh, my bad, you're dead."

Whispering a mumble of an apology, Holly's heel narrowly missed a finger and an eye as she hopscotched over, stumbling into the bathroom. Dried blood spilt from her mouth, giving her lips a rather dashing shade of crimson coat. Tugging at the roll of tissue paper, Holly pulled out the last piece, "we need a refill back here, stat! This will definitely be going on my online review."

Holding it under the water, Holly dabbed away at the blood, eager not to get it on her orange top. She had learned just how hard it was to get blood out of clothes.

"Holly?" A male voice shouted out.

"In the bathroom," she hollered in response, fluffing up her hair before heading back out to the diner floor, "whoopsie!" she giggled, "you caught me!"

Alaric only stared at her in disbelief.

"You cannot keep doing this."

Holly ducked back into the kitchen, accidentally ripping the hinges off of every cupboard she opened, "I can't? Why not?"

"This is the fifth time in three days," Alaric groaned.

"I'm celebrating!" Holly returned with an oil canister, "it's not every day my favourite history teacher comes back from the dead."

"You're not celebrating, you're spiralling."

Holly chortled, "well, Riccy, that's simply not true." She unscrewed the lid, beginning to chuck the oil onto the floor, walls and counters, giving the corpses extra attention. "I would have to have emotions to be 'spiralling'. This..." she huffed as she threw the last bit of oil into the kitchen, "is my idea of a good time."

Holding the door open, Holly smiled at Ric, who only rolled his eyes before heading out. Pulling a match out of her back pocket, Holly soon followed, the intense heat igniting sending a warm wave of comfort up her back.