XVIII. I'm Thinking of You All the While

Holly was pacing in the living room, Hope no longer screaming and contentedly sleeping in her arms

The couple had decided to leave Holly's room, as she couldn't have one conversation without double-checking the 1000-year-old witch wasn't hiding in Hope's wardrobe. 

"What do we do? What can we do?" Holly panicked, no longer tired, but pumped full of energy. 

Klaus was quiet, thinking everything over. 

The clearing of someone's throat brought both of them out of their trance. Hayley stood at the doorway, looking at Holly. "Uhm... someone's here to see you."

Holly frowned, confused as to who would be visiting her this late. Walking out, with Klaus behind her, she stepped out onto the balcony looking down to the courtyard, doing a double-take. 

"Jeremy?!"

Jeremy looked up, his eyes widening as he took in the sleeping baby. "Holly."

"What are you doing here?" Holly hurried down the stairs, a curious Klaus behind her. 

"I know you said you were done... but I figured you deserve to know..." he trailed off as she approached him. 

"Know what?"

"Something happened... and I'm, I'm going back to Mystic Falls to say goodbye,"

"Goodbye to who?"

Jeremy looked down for a second before looking back up, "Elena."

Holly couldn't move. Or speak. 

"Could I just steal Holly away, for a second?" Klaus spoke up, taking Holly's elbow and pulling her over to the corner of the courtyard. 

"Oh my god," she whispered. 

"Yeah, something like that," Klaus was not affected, "I think you should go."

"You do? But what about Hope?" 

"Take her with you," Klaus continued, "until we come up with a plan."

"Yeah, ok," Holly nodded, despondent.

Turning back to Jeremy, Klaus clapped his hands, "have you got a car seat? Or shall I get mine?" 

🤍

"You have a baby," Jeremy commented, five minutes into the car ride to the airport. 

"Elena's dead," Holly commented. 

"It appears we both have a lot to catch up on."

"That we do."

🤍

Holly sat in the window seat, Jeremy in the aisle. Hope's ticket was the middle seat, but that was mainly just for Holly's bag.