I. House of the Rising Son

"And I'm thinking of getting a blue throw rug, to match the curtains

"And I'm thinking of getting a blue throw rug, to match the curtains... and then I'll need to buy more boxes as the wardrobe space is not enough..."

Holly laughed as Hayley rolled her eyes off the camera. Caroline was busy unpacking, rambling on as Elena was organising their mini-fridge. 

"And don't get me started on how we're going to fit Bonnie's stuff in here as well. Have you heard from her?"

"Only emails and postcards. Why?" Holly frowned, "have you not heard from her?"

"She hasn't told us when she's coming here," Elena informed, "And Caroline's spiralling as Tyler's yet to make an entrance."

"Give him a minute Caroline, you've been on campus for less than a day!" Holly chuckled, reaching out for the bowl of chips in Hayley's arms. "Don't you all have some form of party?"

"Yes we do!" Caroline smiled ecstatically, "we're gonna go get wasted!" 

"Have fun!" Holly smiled, "and remember, never let your cup out of sight and don't talk to-"

"Yeah, yeh, night mom," Caroline giggled as she hung up. 

"The bitch," Holly scoffed, shutting her laptop lid. 

"Boy, can she talk," Hayley sighed, "you said about ten words in the entire conversation."

"One of the great things about Caroline," Holly leant back, collapsing in her pile of pillows. 

It was the beginning of the fall semester at Whitmore College, Elena and Caroline moving in only this morning. They had all been sending Holly emails and texts from their various travels, although Matt's trip to Italy had been by far the coolest. Holly, however, had ventured into the backyard and that was it. Hayley wasn't allowed out because she was a werewolf, and Holly wasn't allowed out because Klaus said so. 

Never one to listen, Holly felt like refusing, except she was partially terrified of Marcel and his vampires. She was yet to met him, but according to Klaus it was ruthless out there. So, Hayley and Holly had spent the last eight weeks watching movies, redecorating and watching Holly's bump grow. According to Holly's pile of books, the baby now a foetus and not an embryo, was the size of a lime, which was still terrifyingly small. She was in her final week of the first trimester, and thankfully her morning sickness was lessening, as well as the nausea. However, her stomach was now slightly bloated, not enough to actually look pregnant, but enough that she had to wear lose tops to hide the fact that her skinny jeans didn't do up. 

"Listen to this," Hayley read out from the book she was flicking through, "your baby has already fully developed all of its organs. All it has to do now is grow."

"Do you reckon its got fangs yet?" Holly snorted. 

"It's probably already feeding off your blood," Hayley joined in, chuckling.