XX. Always & Forever

"You've taken twelve, Holly

"You've taken twelve, Holly. Stop wasting money and let's come up with a plan," Hayley sighed as Holly turned off the timer, this test positive too. 

"Here you go," the girl behind the bar passed Holly a cup, a strange yellowy liquid inside. 

"I didn't order this..." Holly frowned. 

"It helps with morning sickness," the girl looked down abashed, "Hayley asked me about a pregnancy last night and I- I just assumed, I'm sorry..."

"No!" Holly quickly smiled, "don't be. I need all the help I can get, I haven't stopped heaving in days. Thank you."

"Hey Jane-Anne," Hayley smiled, "can we have some gumbo too? It's insane."

Jane-Anne smiled, pouring Hayley a proper drink as Holly sipped the tea/concoction. "The old ladies in the ninth ward say my sister, Sophie," she looked over to the lady in the back, stood over a saucepan, "bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish."

"I'm beginning to love New Orleans already," Holly smiled as the tea relaxed the knot in her stomach, "so fill me in. What've you learnt about the family?"

"I've asked around the quarter,"  Hayley's face depicted one of frustration, "nothing."

"That's because people like you were run out of here years ago," Jane - Anne passed Hayley the drink.

"What?" Holly's eyebrows crunched.

"Werewolves," Hayley whispered, before turning back to Jane-Anne, "what do you know?" 

Jane-Anne looked around before walking over, a map and a pen in her hand, "In the bayou, they call the werewolves, roux-ga-roux. You head out there you'll find what you're looking for," she circled a point on the map before handing it to Hayley. "Be careful," Jane-Anne's hand fell to Holly's shoulder as they stood up, "it's the last place you'd ever wanna go."

The girls nodded before walking out, stepping into the bustling New Orleans road. Holly had arrived late last night, panicking at Hayley's doorstep. With a long drive ahead of them, maybe now she'd finally get to think everything over.

"So, what are we thinking?" Hayley broke the silence as they drove out of the French Quarter. 

"That I should've taken the gumbo to go," Holly stared out at the streets. This was Klaus' favourite place. 

"I hate to ask this for the millionth time... but are you sure it's Klaus'?" 

"Either that or I'm actually..." Holly tried to do the math, "already like, ten months pregnant."

"Ok, somehow, he's the father. Are we gonna tell him?" 

"Would he believe me? A 1000 year old vampire suddenly knocks up a one-night stand?"

"Yeah, but, you're not just a one night stand, Holly," Hayley looked over to her, "he actually likes you."

"There's a difference between liking someone and wanting to have a child with them," Holly leant her head back, "besides, I don't even know if I want this baby."