XVI. They All Asked For You

The three Mikaelsons had not spoken about Kol since his death

The three Mikaelsons had not spoken about Kol since his death. However, they were speaking. Arguing, more like that. 

Ever since Hayley's wedding and Klaus' open invite to the wolves, Elijah had moved across the bridge to live with the vampires. 

It was slightly tense in the compound, the wolves not keen to follow Klaus' demands. 

The Mikaelson brother causing chaos was still making a fuss, Finn's body disappearing from the morgue after Elijah blew up the country house with him in it. Which either meant he was extremely powerful or he had an extremely powerful sidekick. 

Either option made Holly's head hurt. 

Her only source of comfort was the life in the nursery that had laid abandoned for so long. The past few weeks had been sent by her daughter's side, the novelty not wearing off yet. She hoped it never would. 

It was bloody exhausting though. 

Holding her breath, Holly tiptoed out of the nursery, finally exhaling as she gently shut the door. The tiny terror was finally asleep. 

Leaning her head back against the door, Holly blew hot air onto her face, her greasy flyaways lifting off her forehead for a second. Looking around, she groaned silently, millions of toys and blankies and pacifiers and empty bottles lay scattered around the room, all waiting to be cleared up. 

She'd rather face the job of defeating the witches than the job of clearing this all up. 

"Where's my-" Klaus paused as Holly aggressively shushed him, a threatening look of desperation in her blue eyes. 

"If you wake her up you'll have two screaming girls on your hands," Holly whispered, standing up off the door and beginning to pick up the toys on the floor. 

"Noted," Klaus nodded, gathering an assortment of dishes from around the room and piling them up on the table, "how did we let this room get so bad?"

"I have no idea, but I don't like it," Holly huffed, throwing the comforter back on the bed. "Apparently being parents whilst defeating mortal enemies is more effort than we thought."

"Didn't mention that in the job description," Klaus rolled his eyes as Holly began to smile.

"How did your plan go down with the wolves?" Holly asked, fluffing up the pillows before gagging at the stench of a half-empty bottle of milk that had clearly been out for too long. 

"They're all very prideful," Klaus said, "apparently Jackson's not doing it because I asked but because Hayley asked."

"Sounds like someone else I know," Holly quipped, holding her hand out just in time to catch the pillow that was thrown at her.  "But he agreed?"

"Yep," Klaus nodded, "the wolves will search the Quarter for my missing brother."

"Sweet," Holly whistled, "have you spoken to your runaway brother?"