XIV. Long Way Back From Hell

🤍

🤍

"How hard did you hit her head?!" 

"That was an accident, she fell down the stairs."

"If she's dead the deal's off."

"She's not dead! We've given you what you asked for, now do the same in return."

"It will take a few days, but we'll send a boy to drop it off. Are you sure nobody knows we have her?"

"Nobody."

"If we have any Mikaelson's on our trail..."

"You will if you don't hurry up and get out of town."

Holly felt her back hit the ground with a thud. She felt groggy, unable to open her eyes and see who was talking. As the trunk shut above her, she tried to move. She really tried. But her body was not responding. Her head hurt. She wanted to go home. 

But Holly couldn't move. 

🤍

🤍

Bright lights filled Holly's eyes, causing her to squeeze them shut as a beeping noise vibrated through her head. She could feel a burn, filling her chest, a hot flush blazing through her arms as Holly's arm shook from the bronze that was no doubt being pushed into her system. 

Attempting to open her eyes again, the bright light blinded her again, Holly attempting to shoot her hands up to her face only to be stopped. She couldn't move her hands. At all. The lights weren't so bright after that. 

The ceiling was white once her eyes had adjusted, and Holly's eyes frantically flitted across, trying to look around. But lifting her shoulders up by less than a centimetre was impossible. 

"I would give up if I were you," a male voice called out, causing Holly to thrash about and try to move. He only chuckled at her response, "believe me, you're not going anywhere, Caliope."

Holly froze, "who are you?" At least her voice still worked, if at least croaky.

"Daniel Jeffords. You don't know me, but I know you."