X. Apres Moi, Le Deluge

🤍

🤍

Holly felt like something of a ghost the next morning. A sense of failure loomed over her like a thunder cloud, ominous and dark. She hadn't saved anyone. Davina was still stuck in the compound. Camille was still in New Orleans, only now she was aware that everything and everyone around her were liars. And the sweet innocent boy who had nothing to do with the supernatural world was now dead. 

And Holly had played a part in it. She would forever play a part in it, now. Forever affiliated through Klaus. 

There were days when the darkness in Holly's head needed to nit-pick to find something wrong. Today was not one of those days. Today she didn't need to create new insecurities to beat herself up about. She already had enough ammo to self-destruct. 

Getting out of bed was a struggle, but the screaming girl next door made it even more of a struggle to stay in bed. Holly could hear Marcel's attempts to console Davina, and she could hear the response of broken vases and curse words. It seemed an entirely appropriate response if you asked Holly. 

Walking down the hall, the zombie entered the library to see Hayley, Elijah and the Grim Reaper already there. All three looked up as she entered, Klaus reading a book, Hayley flicking through another and Elijah studying some dark drawings sprawled out on the coffee table. Klaus was about to speak to her when a shattering thud sounded down the hall. 

"Well, that's going well," he muttered sarcastically. 

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea," Elijah constructively criticised as Holly sat down on the chair next to Hayley, curling her legs up into the skirt of her dress. 

"Oh, are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus huffed. 

"I could name a few," Holly blankly stared at him. 

"Give me a month," Elijah smiled, "I'll get you a list."

Klaus chuckled as a smash came from down the hall again, causing Hayley to flinch, "young, old, dead or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." He stood up, storming off down the corridor. 

"What's all this?" Holly gestured at the pictures on the table.

"Davina's drawings of 'evil'." Elijah frowned down at the drawings. 

Holly tilted her head, looking at the face of a young girl lightly shaded, "evil looks very pretty."

"That's the face of a witch, Celeste," Elijah explained, "but she's been dead for centuries."

"Elijah," Hayley spoke up, "there's something you should know."

Both Elijah and Holly turned to look at her, neither having any idea what she was on about. But by the look of guilt stretched across her face, it can't have been good.