VIII. Homecoming

"This is so cool; we can get into clubs, buy proper drinks instead of raiding my mom's cabinet-" Caroline gasped, "you could totally get my mom to let us go travelling in summer!"

"Caroline... I've hardly read any of the book, and from what I have read this kinda sucks. And remember, Care, you can't tell anyone. I've only told a few people, so don't blab," Holly locked her car, beginning to walk up the driveway to the Salvatores.

"Blab? Who on earth do you think you're talking to? I can keep a secret," Caroline insisted. 

"Well, you better. 'Cause otherwise it's a painful death for me and an eternity of guilt for you. I've got to go, talk to you later," Holly hung up, pausing as she noted the dead body laying on the floor. "Who's this?"

Rebekah looked up from painting her toes, "my father."

"Ah, the infamous Mikael. How fun," Holly cautiously stepped over him, walking up to Damon's room where him and Elena were plotting. 

"Ursula! Back from the depths so soon?" Holly scowled at Damon, who chuckled at his own joke. 

Earlier that morning, once Holly had gotten a short few hours of sleep, she had explained what had happened in Portland. Minus the Klaus part though, because that was irrelevant. Opting for telling as few people of possible, she had obviously told nearly her entire friendship group. There was reason behind the madness, though. Elena and Jeremy because they are her siblings. Alaric because he's Alaric. Bonnie as she can help, plus it's Bonnie. Damon because Elena would end up telling him anyway and then he'd be pissed Holly didn't tell him. Caroline because Holly needs the moral support and her best friend. 

She hadn't told either Tyler or Stefan as Ty was sired to Klaus and Stefan was quite frankly, a mess. Matt didn't need to know either, god bless him. He was now very much alone in the 'normal' clique. 

"Would you shut up? Rebekah's down there. And the dead guy." Holly slumped on the bed as the two watched her, not continuing their conversation. "What are you two plotting?"

"Nothing," Elena replied instantly, obviously lying. Before Holly could nag, Stefan walked in. 

"I need to borrow a tie."

"Morning to you too, sunshine," Stefan childishly sent a mock glare at Holly's comment, walking into the bathroom where Elena and Damon were. 

"You have your own ties," Damon refused. 

"I'm 162 years old and I'm going to a homecoming dance. I need better ties."

"You could not go," Elena smiled sweetly. 

"I'm compelled to protect you. And if I look at your track record at high school dances, it's pretty tragic. My luck you'll go and get yourself murdered by the homecoming queen." Stefan sauntered off. 

"He has a point you know." Holly's eyes scanned the weapons scattered around the room, before pulling out the Grimoire as Damon and Elena bickered over a grenade.