XXII. The Battle of New Orleans

🤍

🤍

"How did you get her to agree?" Holly asked Klaus, eyes wide in amazement, "I thought she suddenly hated you."

"Yes, but she loves my mother's grimoire," Klaus shrugged, "and the witches are trying to kill her. Poor Genevieve is all but begging for protection."

"So you give her the grimoire and a declaration of protection and she makes the werewolf rings?" Holly thought it over in her head, "tidy."

"Now all I need is for those werewolves to hurry up and bring me the stones for the spell." Klaus began to pace in Holly's room, "they're taking too long."

"Taking too long as in traffic, or taking too long as in, Ah! Panic!?" Holly ripped the duvets off her warm body, wincing at the cold air that greeted her. 

"Perhaps the verge of worry," Klaus mused, walking over to her, smirking.

"Don't," Holly held her hand up, stopping him in his tracks. "My feet are too sore, my back aches too much and I've lost too many hours of sleep to not currently despise you." 

"Well, you are never short of affectionate," Klaus quipped, trying not to laugh at her angry state. 

"Why don't you go annoy the werewolves, or vampires, or witches or any other supernatural entity other than me, hm?" Holly leant forward, pressing her forehead against his. 

"When are you due, by the way?" Klaus asked, kissing her nose, "just out of curiosity."

"Not soon enough," Holly stepped back, looking to the boxes filled with the baby clothes she'd accumulated over the past nine months, "now go, I'm nesting."

"Alright, alright," Klaus held up his hand in defeat, "I'm going."

🤍

Holly had gone through, de-tagged, colour-coded and size coded what felt like hundreds of little onesies and extremely small and teeny tiny clothing, reminiscing on her childhood of dolls. Only this time, Elena couldn't get her grubby hands on them too. 

She was so wrapped up in the land of minis that she had failed to notice the extreme tensions of the Quarter, more specifically the extreme tensions of Hayley. 

Which was why, when walking to the kitchen for a coffee and a survey of the fridge, Holly was incredibly surprised to see both Genevieve and Hayley in the drawing room. 

"What's going on in here?" Holly asked, Hayley's pacing ceasing. 

"Jackson and Oliver were kidnapped by Marcel," Hayley bit her nails, an anxious habit. 

"Oh my god!" Holly gaped, "that's a panic!"

Genevieve frowned at Holly's wording. 

Hayley was clearly too worked up to be bothered by incorrect grammar though. "Klaus says he has a plan, but it probably involves death, it always involves death..."