XXI. She's Come Undone

Ripping off the dust cover, Holly began to cough as a plume of dust went down her throat

"You alright?" Elijah appeared at the door way as Holly continued to pull off the cover.

"Just dust," nodded Holly, feeling slightly awkward, "this place is huge, though." Surrounded by lots of land, the new Mikaelson residence was of course, a mansion. Holly had yet to see the whole house and already she had gotten lost.

"Yes, it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the quarter." Elijah walked over, "right now you're the most important person in this family. You need to return to New Orleans with a good home," he smiled sincerly, pulling the dust cover all the way off, "so I'm curious. In all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?"

"About what?" Holly shifted uncertainly.

"About being a mother."

Holly laughed slightly at the uncomfortable question. How did she feel? "I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. That I have no-one who can help me," 

"I'll always protect you," Elijah assured, "you have my word that no harm should ever fall you or your friend Hayley."

"And noble Elijah always keeps his word," Klaus appeared, leaning on the doorframe.

"Is it done?" Elijah asked as Holly frowned. Was what done?

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only to happy to accept my blood, even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies," Klaus smirked like this was funny, "His man Thierry yet lives, and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches."

"I believe them to be honourable, they did release the girls to me," Elijah gestured to Holly behind him, "although Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead, there must be a reason why."

Holly picked up the dust cover, folding it in her arms before walking out past Klaus, 

"and the plot thickens."

🤍

"You got everything?" Hayley folded Holly's sweater, pushing it down in the suitcase. 

"Think so," Holly nodded, "Looking forward to the day I no longer live out of a suitcase."

"After your graduation," Hayley smiled. 

"Look, Hayley..." Holly took a deep breath, "you don't have to stay here. You never asked for any of this and it's my mess and my stupidity that has got us here..."

"Holly," Hayley raised an eyebrow, telling her to shutup.  

"It is, Hayley," Holly insisted, grabbing her friends hands in hers, "and I would love for you to stay but I'm not going to ask you to. I'm not kicking you out either but... I'm giving you an out. No hard feelings, I'll come visit, we'll still call..."