April 28th 1992

I've found a family. A couple, Grayson and Miranda Gilbert. They live in a small town less than thirty miles from here, Mystic Falls. I can already see her; learning to walk in the town's park, riding her bike down the highstreet. She's nearly here now, my sweet Calliope. I feel like I've spent the past nine months planning the day I let her go but now I can't do it. 

I'm scared. Scared it will hurt, scared I might die. Scared I won't be able to let her go. Scared that she'll hate me. Scared that I'll never be able to forgive myself. Who knew one drunken night in the City of Love would lead to a life filled with regret and pain? Beatrix has tried to convince me to keep Callie, but I can't. The only way she can escape the Curse is if she is far away from me. I carry on living, even if I'm alive only for her. It's weird. I've never even met my baby but already she's the only thing keeping me alive. 

Keeping her a secret will ensure that when I die, which will hopefully be after she has died of old age with a long happy life under her belt, the line should end too. Or at least choose another descendant. 

...

I held her. Calliope was so gorgeous. Holding her, made everything worth it. My entire life, every pain, every joy, meant nothing when I met her. 

And she'll never remember. 

Callie probably has a new name by now. New parents. A new mother.

 I dropped her off two hours ago and we're now driving back to Portland. Every time I close my eyes I see her face. The further away we drive the more my chest gets heavy. I hope I never see her again, for if I do it will be because something is wrong. In another life, I could've been happy. I could settle down with her. She'd be all I need. Holding her gave me the love I have spent my entire life searching for. 

I know she'll be alright. I pray she'll be kind and strong, a force to be reckoned with. She can live a quiet, happy life, settling down away from the realities of the supernatural world we live in. I only hope she'll never question about me, never blaming herself. For that would be the worst. 

But now, I have to move on. Continue my life and let her start hers. Separately.