VI. Bloodletting

🤍

🤍

"Well it was lovely meeting you," Marcel gave Holly one final smile as her heart beat at one thousand miles per hour, "I hope to see you around."

"Uh, yeah, you too," Holly gulped thickly, "see ya."

The door shut and Holly leant her head against it. That was terrifying.

"You alright?" Hayley walked out of the kitchen, "who was that?"

"Marcel," Holly's voice rose slightly, "that was Marcel."

"The Marcel?"

"The Marcel."

The two girls walked back into the kitchen, talking nonchalantly about the predicament. Neither girl heard the door open again.

As a prickling sensation crept closer and closer up Holly's spine, so did the figure hidden in the shadows.

"Thank God I'm not wearing a tank top. Whatever conclusion he's come to I don't think it's one of pregnancy," Holly sat on the bar stool as Hayley turned to open the fridge.

"Yeah you couldn't make that one up if you tried," Hayley pulled out the milk, turning around again. "Holly?"

The girl was gone.

Hayley frowned, walking around the kitchen counter to see both the kitchen and the hallway completely empty. Where had she gone?

A thump across the back of her head only increased Hayley's worry, as she fell to the floor, unconscious.

🤍

As the bronze began to wear off, Holly found herself falling in and out of consciousness her eyes opening and closing.

Panic settled in, her wrists and ankles bound and her mouth gagged with bronze.

She couldn't remember anything, only being sat still 1 minute and a syringe in her neck the next.

She was in the trunk of a car, Holly could tell through the window, trees all above her. She began to try and move about, but it was no use. Everywhere hurt, everything burned.

She lifted her bound wrists up to her face, desperate to remove the bronze laced gag. Wincing as it burnt her fingers, Holly managed to pull it off, the burns on her throat and jaw lessening.

Her foot met something squishy as she tried to sit up.

Hayley.