XIV: 1912

Holly waited patiently on the porch as Bonnie opened the door, "Hey Bonnie B

Holly waited patiently on the porch as Bonnie opened the door, "Hey Bonnie B." Previously nervous as to how Bonnie would respond at her spontaneous visit, Holly felt a wave of relief as Bonnie rushed forward to envelop her in a hug.

"Thank God, you're alright. I'm so sorry," Bonnie pulled away, giving Holly a once over, "I had no idea she was going to hurt you, if I'd have known..."

"Hey, stop! You did nothing wrong, and I'm fine now, promise." Holly studied Bonnie's worn out face, "how are you doing?" 

"I've been better," Bonnie looked close to tears, "but Caroline's going to help my mom transition, and it'll all be okay eventually."

"I'm so sorry this happened to you Bonnie, you deserve nothing less than an eternity of happiness." 

"Yeah well," Bonnie sighed, "the universe has other plans." 

"Well, I wish I could help you, but I'm useless when it comes to vampires. I have, however, been awake since three am so I made you some lasagna and brownies, with optional company if that's what you need." Holly held out the two dishes, smiling. 

"Thank you, Holly. But, um, I think I'm best processing this on my own right now." Bonnie took the dishes gratefully, glancing back at her spare room. "We're heading back to my mom's place for a few days, whilst she adjusts."

"Of course, you can call me whenever you want remember? You ever need anything, ring me up."

"I love you, Holly," Bonnie smiled as she walked back inside. 

"Love you too," as the door closed, Holly headed back to her car as her phone began to ring. "Hi Liz, what's up?"

🤍

Jumping out of her car, Holly began to walk/jog to the police station steps, bumping into none other than her sister, "Liz call you too?" 

Elena nodded, still in her running gear as the two bounded up the stairs, "yep. Can you believe they think Ric did this?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Holly held the door open, "with no other suspects he's the only option."

Holly's nerves calmed when she saw Damon in the police station, "were you just with-"

"Ric's fine. Sheriff wants me to stay out of it." Damon was clearly annoyed. 

"But you're not going to, are you?" Elena frowned. 

"Seems as good a plan as any," Damon shrugged. 

"Your friend's in jail for murder, you have to do something." Elena protested.

"Well, I guess I could rip out Dr False Allegation's throat or maybe her tongue," Damon's voice was laced with malice. "You know I could chew it up in little, tiny pieces and feed it to the squirrels."