IX. The Casket Girls

🤍

🤍

"You're not going to believe what's happening right now," Holly grinned through the phone, licking the yoghurt off her spoon. 

"It can't be any worse than the Mystic Falls chaos,"  Bonnie huffed through the phone. "Or being the anchor."

"Oh, I think it can," Holly chuckled, "it's the Casket Girls festival tonight. A celebration of women's strength."

"Right up your street then."

"Our street, darling, but that's not all. I'm a knocked up bride."

"Who's the husband?" Bonnie's tone turned serious, "did Klaus propose?!" 

"What? No, stupid," Holly laughed, "for the festival. Everyone wears wedding dresses," she looked down at her puffy white dress. 

"Oh, thank God! I nearly had a heart attack. You have to send us a picture!" 

Holly's smile wavered. She wasn't dumb enough to ever think that her friends would like Klaus but had hoped that with a few hundred miles between them their hatred would turn to a mutual dislike. Apparently not.

After saying goodbyes, Holly hung up, dropping the phone onto her bed. 

"I've never understood this festival," Klaus knocked on her open door. 

"I'm not really sure I do either," Holly admitted before shrugging, "but hey, anything to live out my knocked up bride fantasy." 

"That dress is uh, quite something," Klaus looked her up and down, trying to contain his laughter. 

"I look like a swollen meringue," Holly fluffed up the skirt a bit dramatically, "and I've seen three girls walk past wearing the same one," she pointed to the balcony, underneath which a crowd of brides were bustling about. 

"I guess we'll have to kill them," Klaus tried to keep a straight face. 

"That seems only fair," Holly chuckled, smiling at him. "Do you need anything or just here to see a corpse bride?"

"It appears that bothersome witch has escaped," Klaus sighed, "the girls more trouble than she's worth."

"Well if that were true you wouldn't be looking for her," Holly stood up, the cheap lace itching at her arms. 

"You think it's a coincidence the first place I looked is your room?" Klaus looked down the corridor, "I'm sure someone will find her eventually."

"Your nonchalance at missing teenage girls is bone-chilling," Holly held her arms behind her back trying to undo the clasp of her dress.

"Here, let me help," Klaus closed the door, walking behind Holly who dropped her arms in defeat. 

He unclasped the buttons, his hands lingering against Holly's skin as a shiver of excitement ran down her spine. His touch should not have this effect on her.