XI. 500 Years of Solitude

🤍

🤍

Holly walked down the hall, looking at the names on all the dorm doors.

Bonnie B, Caroline F & Elena G.

That's her stop.

She knocked on the door, looking around slightly paranoid that Klaus would have caught up with her already.

"So you're just giving up?" she heard Bonnie ask.

"As she should," Caroline opened the door with her back to Holly, "he literally said, 'I am a bad person. I am bad for you, and I am choosing to let you go'."

"You memorised my break-up?"

"You broke up!" Holly shrieked, Caroline dropping the mimosa in her hand.

"Holly! I thought you were the annoying senior down the hall!" Caroline bear-hugged Holly, who remained staring in horror at Elena.

"You and Damon broke up?" Holly repeated.

Elena only nodded, still in bed. "I just have to face reality, if Damon makes his mind up about something, it's done."

"Oh God, Mystic Falls really is falling apart, what?" Holly crashed into Bonnie's arms, finally getting the hug she'd been waiting for for weeks.

"What are you doing here?" Bonnie laughed.

"I ran away," Holly nodded, somewhat proudly, "probably not for very long though."

"You're so pregnant!" Caroline exclaimed, "how far along are you now?"

"Twenty-five weeks!" Holly smiled, putting a hand on her bump, "over half-way there now!"

A phone began buzzing as Elena groaned, "that's mine."

Holly was closest to the dresser so she picked it up, "it's Stefan."

"I don't feel like talking," Elena flopped back into bed.

"She doesn't feel like talking," both Caroline and Bonnie repeated in case Holly couldn't hear.

"She doesn't feel like talking," Holly spoke into the phone.

"Holly? Was the breakup that bad?!" Stefan exclaimed, "but uhm, she's gonna want to hear this is."

🤍

Katherine was dying. So the group was celebrating. By drinking shots.

Both Holly and Jeremy were the only ones not drinking. Much to both of their dismays.

"She impersonated me, repeatedly." Elena took a shot, "she made Aunt Jenna stab herself in the stomach and cut off Uncle John's fingers."

"To be fair, he was a bit of a douche," Holly sat on the arm of Jeremy's chair as the rest of them sat on the couch.

"My Grams died trying to close a tomb she wasn't in," Bonnie raised a glass.