Pushing the Limit

Weeks later, Barry continued to live with Parker. They had devised a pattern to make living together easy and quite enjoyable.

Saturday cleaning was a thing they both participated in, though, it usually resulted in them passionately singing into their cleaning utensils, making the cleaning go much longer than it needed to.

It was still strange in some aspects, but Parker enjoyed having someone else living with her. It gave her a distraction from herself, and in general, a buddy. She really was living with her best friend.

Barry was going through hard training. Parker had him doing weekend shifts: checking out old warehouses, following a strict set of directions (that were meant to be performed in the house.. Usually cleaning for her) and putting him through fight courses with Girder.

On top of all that, S.T.A.R Labs had Barry's goal to be tbe Fastest Man a Alive in mind. 

Everyday Team Flash trained at Ferris Airway.

Parker was the designated food person. She went to the nearest Big Belly Burger and ordered four dozen burgers.

By the time her order was ready and she was back at the airway, Barry's training was almost finished for the day.

Leaning on the back of Dr.Wells' wheelchair, she peered into the distance to find Barry.

"I'm pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead!" Caitlin fumed to Cisco.

Parker rolled her eyes. There goes Caitlin, probably overreacting about Barry's health again.

"Remember this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve Barry's speed," Dr. Wells reminded them.

If he hadn't stepped in, Cisco and Caitlin would have gone off on each other again.

Four verbal fights had broke out between Cisco and Caitlin over training tactics for Barry since Christmas time.

Every single time, it was because Cisco and Parker wanted to give him a taste of ruthlessness. Bad guys wouldn't go easy on Barry in the real world was their argument.

Caitlin hadn't understood that, or like Parker argued, she didn't try to.

"Cisco! You gonna bring it or what?"

Cisco looked to a smirking Wells for confirmation.

"Bring it," he said.

Cisco clicked a few buttons on his keyboard and the drone flying after Barry responded. 'Bringing it' meant that actual missiles were going to be shot at Barry.

He could have dodged all day-- it was the actual drone he needed to take out. Barry hadn't figured that out yet.

Deciding she wouldn't always be there to be the voice of truth, Parker silenced herself and let him work that out on his own.

The first was released and it crashed behind his feet, making him trip from the force of the explosion. Instead of running, Barry faced the drone, crouched in a stance.

"Why isn't he running?" Caitlin questioned, peering through her binoculars.

"Play smart, Allen," Parker warned.

Parker's position standing behind Dr.Wells was a beneficial placement for that moment. That moment granted her access to the mystery that was Dr. Harrison Wells.

She saw his hands grip the handles of his chair, and her eyes flickered down to him for a second before trying to focus on Barry again. But she couldn't. Dr. Wells' shoe had moved. Not a significant length, but the tip of his shoe twitched.