The End of a Visit

Front and center, Oliver stood, preaching, "My identity is a closely-guarded secret known only to a few. If it were to get out, it will endanger my family, my friends, and it would embolden my enemies to retaliate at me through them."

"Take notes," whispered Parker to Barry. 

As usual, Felicity scooted in front of Oliver, speaking to change his warning into nicer words: "What Oliver is trying to say is that he had a lovely time working with you, and getting to know each one of you, and he can't wait to do it again!"

Oliver's bored eyes traveled from Felicity's happy expression to Parker's look of skepticism. Internally, he agreed. He felt it was best to be honest and quick. With time, he learned it also came off as brutal. 

For Felicity's sake, he agreed, flatly saying, "Right."

"Time to go to Jitters?" suggested Parker. 

"If I can have a moment with Oliver," asked Dr. Wells softly. 

Fingers outstretched, Parker shuffled hurriedly to the Cortex door. Her fingers brushed against the keys to the van, however, Barry beat her to it, wiggling the keys in front of her face. 

"Fight me," challenged Parker. 

"I might have to take you up on that," teased Barry. 

While he was distracted, Felicity snatched the keys from Barry's hand. "Race you to the car!" she shouted, clutching her purse to her chest and sprinting away. 

"You're on!" laughed Barry, chasing after her. 

Oliver, his face scrunched, stepped beside Parker. They shared a look of disgrace. Then, they began the journey from the Cortex down to the garage. Stepping into the elevator brought on a silence, one tempting the other to speak first. 

"All you," offered Oliver flatly. 

"It's depressing to see you go. I had a lot of fun with you these past few days, Oliver," said Parker quietly, scared to admit her feelings. She rubbed her arms nervously, awaiting his reaction. 

"I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have a feeling we'll see each other soon," said Oliver.

Parker winced.  "That's usually what people say when they're gonna die. Please don't die."

Annoyed, Oliver's eyes met her own. Speaking wasn't necessary. His eyes held every inch of emotion, which, basically, told her to shut up. 

"Got it," agreed Parker. "So, you can text me. If you want. I wouldn't mind hearing from you."

"I'll send you a text before I die."

"Good to know I'm your main priority."

××××

Barry

In Jitters, Barry grabbed a seat at a table near the entrance. He barely noticed Oliver sit across from him. His attention was on Parker, specifically, her injured shoulder. Though she assured him she was all right, Barry's heart wrenching pain about his actions to her. It didn't matter he wasn't in his own head when he did it. Regardless, he hurt her. 

He sighed, admitting, "Oliver, I'm sorry for what I said in the field and in the street. I wish I could say it was all because of what Bivolo did to me, but I guess I had more feelings bottled up than I thought."

"You can always talk to me," promised Oliver. 

"I know. Thanks. And you were right, I still have a lot to learn."