Whip It

Barry

The atmosphere of the bar was like any other: loud, filled with tipsy/drunk people and reeked of beer.

The only difference was that the bar Barry chose was a karaoke bar.

Barry joyfully smiled, imagining what Parker would sing when she got her chance up there.

Barry hadn't ever praised himself for his voice, but he knew Parker enjoyed singing duets with him. If she begged him enough, he might join her.

Speaking of Parker, she waltzed through the door at the same time the man on stage ended the song. She must have found him quickly; he hadn't seen her enter.

Parker shuffled to the table and placed her hands over his eyes.

"Introducing.. Caitlin 'I don't always dress like a high school principal' Snow!"

Parker slid her hands off Barry's eyes and held her hands out to a very dressy Caitlin Snow.

Caitlin wore a tight, sparkly black dress and high heels. Somehow they found enough time to curl her strawberry blonde locks.

"You look.." he paused, shaking his head in astonishment. "So pretty."

Barry and Parker gave a light round of applause, Caitlin jokingly curtsied, then the two girls sat the circular table.

Barry saw Parker staring wide-eyed at the stage. He placed one hand on her thigh and leaned close to her, watching the stage too.

"Do you hear that? The stage is calling you, Parker."

"This has been my dream for years," Parker whispered.

"Do it!" Caitlin eagerly urged.

"No, I musn't," Parker said dramatically, her hand held over her heart. "My dream can be pushed off for the night. We have Caitlin to worry about."

Caitlin's eyes widened. "What do you mean? What about me?"

"All three of us are looking for Clay and Shawna. At the same time, this is a Parry date night. But for you, dearest Caitlin Snow, I believe it's time for you to get yourself back out there."

Caitlin took only a second to ponder the idea before she nodded. She grabbed Barry's vodka and pressed the rim to her lips, drowning it.

Parker's eyes enlarged to a point where they began to water. 

The couple glanced at each other, assuring the other that actually happened and then looked at Caitlin.

With a goofy smile, Caitlin raised her hand at the boy behind the bar. "Excuse me! I'd like to start a tab."

Those were words Parker never thought she would hear from Caitlin Snow.

Parker took her beer from the bartender; Caitlin and Barry grabbed their vodka. Together, they took the first sip.

Parker's goal for the night was to get Caitlin drunk enough to numb her nerves and find a man she might want to go out with when she was clear of alcohol.

If her plan didn't work, at least Caitlin would provide humorous memories for Parker.

Barry slouched in his seat, a smirk on his face after an idea came to him. If Parker's plan for Caitlin was to essentially, numb her nerves, then that's what he would do. He was going to get Parker drunk enough to perform.

It wasn't very hard. Parker already designated herself as the one to get drunk alongside Caitlin. She said something along the lines of, "I can't let her get drunk alone. That's not being a good friend," so he just continued to buy drinks.