Inbetween

Barry ran to the time vault, only to discover that the trap they had set for Wells wasn't actually a trap. Wells knew about it, knew of their suspicion against him, because he had surveillance on each person.

He zipped back to the Bunker, ordered (in a nice way) for Parker and Cisco to start searching for Iris on the FRS while Barry ran through the city to find her.

"I'll call if we find her," Parker assured.

"Same to you," Barry rushed out, and then he was gone, leaving a whoosh of wind behind.

Parker and Joe jumped into the elevator first. Joe dug his cell phone from his pocket, repeatedly dialing Iris' phone number. Parker copied his actions, instead, texting her to call one of them as soon as possible.

"Why wouldn't she be answering?" Joe muttered as they walked to the Cortex.

Parker raised her eyebrow, thinking of a few possible things Iris and Eddie could be doing that would keep them busy. Luckily, Joe hadn't caught her look.

Parker curled up in the main desk chair. While the computer flickered on, she searched through her cell phone for a picture of Iris. She found one, powered up the FRS and slid her phone underneath the document camera.

Caitlin on his heels, Cisco jogged into the Cortex. He saw Parker working with the FRS, leaving traffic and security cameras free. He loaded the program and found a picture of Iris offline, loading that into the search system.

With both systems caught at a loading screen, Cisco and Parker were forced to sit back and patiently wait.

"Did Eddie say where they were supposed to be?" Caitlin asked Joe.

Joe shook his head, a negative answer that nobody wanted.

The Bluetooth in Parker's ear was connected with the one in Barry's suit, which she had forgotten about until Barry cried, "Iris! Iris, it's me!"

"He found her," Parker announced. She reached across the desk and flipped on the speaker, allowing the others in on the conversation. "Barry, it's me, what's up?"

"He took Eddie!" By the hard-to-decipher words, Barry was already searching for the hostage.

"What did you do with Iris?" Joe asked.

"She's outside S.T.A.R. Labs, near the pier, I told her not to say anything."

"Which she will do the opposite of," Parker predicted. She glanced up at Joe, catching his eye. "You aren't needed here anymore. Feel free to hang out with your traumatized daughter."

Joe sent her an unhappy look—which she chose to ignore— and took his coat, shrugging it over his shoulders as he walked away at a fast pace, determined to soothe his daughter over her (possible) loss.

Parker changed the public cameras and FRS searches from Iris West to Eddie Thawne and Dr.Harrison Wells.

She manually clicked through dozens of security cameras quickly, her eye trained to search for zips of red lightning. Nothing of the sorts occurred.

The Cortex was silent for a full hour, the three waiting for a bell to chime from the computers. Barry returned at the end of the hour, with the same as they had to offer: absolutely nothing.

By the expectant look on Parker's face, Barry knew she was hoping for news, because he wore the same expression. Recognition clicked in their brains. Parker blew a puff of angry air from her nose. Barry ripped his mask off of his face, storming into another section of the Cortex.