The Inevitable End

"Am I alive?"

"You're alive," Cisco confirmed. "What were you thinking?"

"Don't yell at me, I just got struck by lightning!" Parker whined.

"You aren't Barry—"

"Don't." Parker snapped. She raised her hands and pushed her palms into her eyes. Her chest raised, held, then fell with a shaky sigh. "Please don't."

Cisco obeyed. She heard the wheels of a chair skid across the floor and sit at her bed side.

"I told Caitlin about our suspicion of Wells. Not surprisingly, she said it was crazy. All I asked of her was that she keep Dr.Wells out of the Cortex for the morning."

"Why?"

"When we trapped the Reverse-Flash, the machine failed, but I couldn't find any failures or find out what happened.." Cisco trailed off.

"You think he may have had something to do with it," Parker concluded.

Cisco nodded, taking a deep sigh. Parker slid one hand over both her eyes and patted the air with her free hand until Cisco grabbed it.

"My heart goes to you, man. This probably isn't easy for you."

"It's just.. How was I so blind? How did you see it, and Cait, Barry and I didn't?"

"Because he's not my idol and I don't spend any of my free time with him if I don't have to."

"Yeah, that's probably why," Cisco said, chuckling.

Parker smiled. "So, what happened with my leg? Is it ugly? I probably can't wear shorts ever again."

"It looks pretty bad ass. I mean, it shows you survived. I think that's pretty damn good reason to show it off."

"Cisco Ramon, you are the greatest friend in the history of ever. You're going to be my Maid of Honor when I get married."

"I also think I would look bad ass in a dress."

He kicked his feet on the bed and still holding her hand for comfort, they launched into conversation to entertain them.

>>>>

Come morning, Parker was actually the first awake. It wasn't by choice or on her own, it was because of her cell phone buzzing on the metal tray.

From: Caitlin Snow

Hey, Cisco wasn't answering his cell phone and I know you're at the Lab with him since u almost died. Sorry about that, BTW, r u ok? Hope so. You two have maybe an hour at the most, get moving.

Parker wiggled her hand out of Cisco's and slapped his shoulder until he woke up. She had hoped he would have fallen off his chair, but he didn't. The lame engineer just opened his tired eyes.

"Carry me downstairs, we've got an hour at the most," Parker ordered.

Parker tried to hide her surprise when Cisco swept her into his arms like she weight as much as a leaf.

"Yes, I lift," Cisco smugly said.

Parker scoffed.

When they arrived at the machine, Cisco set her on the floor by the entrance.

Time was short for them, and he apologized for not being able to go through the trouble of finding a seat.

The machine had to be set up, so to pass the time, Parker finally examined her leg. Last night, Cisco had her on so many medicines that relieved the pain.