Truth In Words

Parker, because she was irresponsible and still learning how to 'adult', found only loose change in her wallet when she went to the grocery store. She didn't mean to start crying when she called the only brother who answered and asked for money. 

"Are you a goddamn druggie?" asked Derek.

"I need four dollars for ice cream."

"Oh, shit, why didn't you just say that? Give me an hour. I'll come over."

"I love you."

"So I've heard."

Parker thought it was a blessing when the doorbell rang. She opened the door, saw who was there, then did her best to slam it. 

Derek stuck his foot in between. "I brought your ice cream, shorty, why are you shoving me out?" he asked. 

"Because you brought Jen! I'm so not third wheeling you two today! Vacate this building at once, peasant!"

"When was the last time we all hung out? Park, I miss you!" whined Jen. 

"We only want your company for an hour or two, I promise," begged Derek. Using his big brother voice, he threatened, "Parker Elizabeth Sylas, I will drag your ass out of here if I need to."

Deciding it was better to keep her dignity, Parker grabbed her coat. She walked blindly behind them as they went through the streets of Central City. It wasn't until Derek opened the door for his ladies that she raised her head. 

"Oh, hell no," were the first words out of her mouth. 

"What? What's wrong?" asked Derek.

Parker smashed her face into Derek's chest. "Kill me. I'm begging you."

"You can do so when my sibling time is over," said Derek. He lifted her feet from the ground and carried her over the entrance. He shoved her to a table in the far corner. 

Parker hustled to grab the seat where her back faced the double date. Derek and Jen, after sharing an odd glance, sat opposite of her. 

"Better?" asked Jen. 

"No."

"Is this attitude going to affect your trivia game?" wondered Derek. 

Parker raised her head. It was natural for siblings to be competitive, of course, but when it came to trivia between the middle Sylas children, it was a battle unlike any other. One magical word, trivia, and Parker Sylas was back in the saddle again. 

"Did you date one of the boys?" asked Jen, performing a subtle sweep of the room. "The brown haired one, he's cute. Your type." 

"Almost dated," corrected Parker. 

"Almost is the worst," sighed Jen. 

Parker nodded. "Preach."

Derek let Parker pick out the team name for the night. They were named the Dixon's, after the great Daryl Dixon. They went through the first couple rounds, getting the answers correct, but not fast enough. E=MC Hammer was in the lead. Also known as Barry, Felicity, Iris and Eddie.

"I don't even get the name," muttered Parker. 

"It's funny because it's Einstein's formula for something you can't touch," explained Jen. Noticing the siblings didn't find the joke funny, Jen's smile went flat. "Nerd joke, I guess..."

Barry

During a five minute break for trivia, Felicity and Eddie excused themselves, leaving Iris and Barry alone. By the not-so-subtle glare Iris was sending Barry, he knew very clearly he had done something wrong. 

"Okay, quit glaring," said Barry. "What did I do?"

"I don't think you're being fair to Park."

"I just haven't gotten the chance to talk to her since Felicity came to visit."

"It's not that, Barry. You led her on," sighed Iris. "Look, you are my best friends. I love you both, but what you're doing to her is not nice at all. You have to fix it."

"Hey, babe," said Eddie when he returned to the table. "They've spotted Snart. Sorry, guys, I've gotta go."

Felicity and Barry looked at each other instantly. Both were creating a mental plan of action. Before he could converse with her privately, there was something he needed to do. He jogged across the room, to where she thought he hadn't noticed her, and tapped her shoulder. 

Parker hadn't needed to glance up to know who it was. "Stop," she muttered.

"Parker, help me--"

"No. You don't need me. Leave me alone," she snapped. The ferocious look in her chocolate brown eyes made her look vicious, hard. She appeared as though she despised him.

"Is there a problem, Park?" wondered the man sitting across from her. 

"Parker," mumbled Barry brokenly. He held his hand out to touch her. 

Parker shook her head, pushing his hand away from making contact.

"I think you should leave," said the other woman.

Barry retracted his hand, unable to move his eyes from Parker. 

"Buddy," the man said again. "It's time to go."

That time, he listened. Trudging to the door, it didn't take long for Barry to convince himself that he may have screwed himself of any chance to be with Parker.