Wherever You Are

In the midst of declining an invitation to a Police Gala, a notification buzzed Parker's phone. Iris had posted something new on her blog. One look at the title had her stomping to the Cortex. 

"Hey, Parker," chimed Barry.

Eyes on the cell phone in her hand, Parker sauntered in circles around Barry.

Cautiously, Cisco and Caitlin stepped away. 

"'I have information about someone you're looking for. He came here. You know where to find me,'" read Parker. 

Barry's mouth opened, not in shock, but anticipation, in case his brain thought of anything to say that wouldn't make the situation worse. He decided to keep his mouth shut.

"I thought me joyously rearranging your shoulder proved that you're whole 'we're mad at each other' with Iris was a crap idea," snapped Parker, strangely calm, despite the venom in her voice. "You're putting her in more danger by even condoning this! You have to think before you agree to this, Allen. For her safety, please."

××××

Parker curled into her computer chair. She read, without interruption, until she heard a beeping on the computer screen. The red dot that signified Barry's location moved through the streets, away from the Cortex, to a remote place in the depths of Keystone Ironworks.

"Goddamn it," she cussed, tossing her book on the desk. She hooked in her earpiece. "Barry, what the hell do you think you're doing now?"

Cisco and Caitlin heard her voice. They entered into the Cortex. 

"Dude, don't run angry. We don't know how to defeat him yet," said Cisco. 

"Who's he running to?" asked Parker, letting her finger off the speaker. "Tony Woodward?"

Caitlin nodded. "We gave him some information about where Tony might be, and--"

"This is definitely the place."

"Barry, I need you to stop. I need you to come back here right now, before--"

The echo of his abrupt scream pierced their ears. 

"We have to go," decided Parker.

"What? No, we--"

"We have to help him!" yelled Parker. She snatched a pair of keys from the hook. "Now, are you coming or not?"

xxxx

Upon arrival to the trashed warehouse, Parker clapped her hands a few times, seeing if someone would step out and address her.

The place stayed silent.

On parts of the floor that were relatively clear, she stepped carefully. With each step, she patted the scattered items lightly with her foot, just to be sure she wouldn't step on Barry.

"Over here!" called Cisco. 

Parker hopped over the piles of junk. She kicked a few beer bottles out of her way, then crouched, rested her bottom on the back of her heels. She laced her fingers in the creases of Barry's extended hand. 

"Allen, you're a dumb ass," she lovingly whispered. "Just let me know you're okay."

"Ow."

Parker started kicking a path clear. Clinks behind her told her Caitlin was helping. She slowed down. 

"At least he's all right," sighed Caitlin. 

"Doesn't mean we're out of deep shit. His actions are going to get us screamed at by Dr. Wells," said Parker.