Extra: 4

In which Barry Allen proposes to the love of his life.

It was a Friday, and like most couples proclaimed, it meant date night.

The restaurant Parker and Barry went to was a sweet little Italian place, where the two sat beside each other at a booth and ordered a large spaghetti bowl to share.

"Lady and the Tramp, much?" the waiter joked when he heard the order.

"Barry's the tramp," Parker said instantly.

Fifteen minutes of small talk and loving gazes between each other passed fast. The bowl of spaghetti was set between the couple, ceasing the talk.

Barry grabbed a spoon.

"You don't eat spaghetti with a spoon, idiot," Parker said. She stabbed her fork into the mass of food, but was having trouble wrapping spaghetti around it.

"Watch and learn, Park," Barry said smugly.

He slid the spoon under a section of the spaghetti, stuck his fork in it, and twirled, until the fork was full with food.

Being generous, he held out the fork to Parker, who pulled a sour face.

"I can't be fed by you after that. I'm an embarrassment," she muttered.

Parker tried to recreate Barry's fancy spaghetti method, focusing all of her attention on the spoon, the fork, and the plate of food in front of her.

Barry watched her, half a smile on his lips, as he was in deep thought about the girl beside him.

She was his; he was hers. They were bound together by their overlapping lives, which turned into a love that was honest, true. A love that he loved. (And that Cisco loved.)

"Park, can I say something?" Barry said suddenly.

Mouth full, Parker said, "Are you required to ask me to speak? Never knew that."

Barry suppressed his laugh and smiled. He tucked her hair behind her ear, to which she thankfully nodded as she continued to eat.

"I don't really know how to say this.. Because I've just decided it now," Barry said, moving his hand to her cheek. "By now, you should know I care about you. More than anything in this entire world. You're my world. Barry Allen revolves around you."

Parker scrunched her shoulders, her eyebrows furrowed. Nevertheless, she took another bite and said, "Okay.."

"I've said it before, and I don't think you know how much I mean it when I say that you're the love of my life. You're the only one I want to be with for the rest of my years."

At those words, Parker choked on her spaghetti. After taking a second to swallow normally, Parker looked at him, wide eyed.

"Don't speak yet," Barry said, pressing a finger over her open lips. He slid from the booth and fell to one knee.

Parker's mouth continued to stay open. Her eyes nervously glanced around the restaurant, which clearly had onlookers.

"Barry, not that I don't want to marry you, I mean, that'd be pretty cool, but we're a little young, aren't we?" she said quietly.

"It just means we've got more time to spend together."

Parker had to admit it was a good point. "My brothers will choke you when they find out I'm bound for life, and they haven't met him."

"I'd let them do it, if it meant I got you," Barry said.

"Uh, okay," Parker said, patting Barry's head. "Yeah. Yeah, I guess, we can."

"No, you have to be fully committed to this," Barry said. He took her hand in his. "Parker Sylas, will you please please please be my wife?"

"You're practically begging me to marry you," Parker said, shamefully shaking her head. "On our ten year anniversary, when you propose to me to renew our marriage, don't be so desperate."

Confident Barry slipped away. Eyebrows raised, Barry asked, "You want to be with me for ten years?"

"Marriage means for life, stupid," Parker said. "If we do this, it means you're my loser forever, Barry Allen."

"Gladly."

"Okay, then.. I will. I'll marry you, Allen."

Cheers were directed at the couple as they kissed, sealing the proposal for now.

Spagetti and cake in their stomachs, engaged, and most of all, content, the two held hands as they walked home.

"So, married, huh?" Parker asked skeptically.

Barry winced. "About that.."

Parker threw her head back with laughter. "I knew you were joking.. The real Barry Allen would have had a ring ready."

"That is correct," Barry agreed, chuckling with her.

"I'm assuming you did it to get free dessert?"

"Precisely."

"I know you well, Allen," Parker said proudly. She glanced at their feet, noticing that their steps were in sync on accident. "Is it weird to say I'm a bit sad it was a joke?"

Barry's converse skidded on the pavement, his full attention on Parker. "Are you saying you want me to propose for real?"

"One day," Parker clarified. "Or maybe I'll do it. Surprise you, and all."

"A year and a half of being together, and we're already talking about marriage," Barry said, eyes clouded with wonder.

"Well, we're not most couples, are we?" Parker asked. "I know it was a bit forward, but I'm just putting it out there."

"Oh, one day you'll be my wife, for sure," Barry said, easing her nerves. "Parker Elizabeth Allen."

Wrapping an arm around Barry's waist, Parker stepped back into motion.

"What if I pulled an Iris and hyphenated?" she suggested. "Parker Sylas-Allen."

"Whatever you wanna do, honey."