Back to Awkward

Barry ran the three of them to the West house. Parker was the last one to get picked up. He ran her to the house, but stopped at the end of the stairs.

Automatically, Parker knew why and shook her head, spinning on her heel and starting to walk up the stairs.

"It isn't our most pressing concern-- I don't want to talk about it."

Which honestly was true. Team Flash had bigger problems than where Parker and Barry stood in their relationship.

Inside, her heart was shattering. She wanted to hunch her shoulders in defeat, scold herself for not realizing sooner.

Iris and Barry had always been attached to each others hips.

For Parker to interfere and think that in the end, she would actually win Barry's heart over Iris.. That was something that was set in stone. Parker and Barry were never meant to be. It took an AI from the future to confirm that for her.

Everything they shared, every moment Parker remembered with Barry Allen suddenly changed to nothing but memories. Moments so dear couldn't be shared again with him again. Not when his heart was destined to someone else.

"That's it? You're giving it up that easily?" Barry snapped, grabbing her arm.

"What other choice do we have?!"

"Just because an article from the future said I marry Iris doesn't mean it has to happen."

"It's set in stone! You can't change the future, Barry, no matter how much you want to."

Parker set her hand over Barry's, taking in the feeling, the warmth that spread through her body whenever he was near. With a heavy exhale, she pried his hand off and pushed through the door.

Having already heard the story from Caitlin and Cisco, Joe waited with his hands on his hips for the other two to arrive. When they came through the door, Joe ignored the sad looks and started his scolding.

"Really? How could people so smart do something so dumb? What if Wells had caught you?"

"But he didn't."

Joe's eyes widened angrily. Keeping Parker from being yelled at, Eddie interrupted, "Okay, I know we've seen a lot this year, but time travel?"

"I did it," Barry announced. He tried to meet Parker's eyes, wondering if he should tell the group of the time he did it. Parker avoided him. "Or, I will do it," he said, unsure.

"Excuse me?" Joe asked.

"One of the two speedsters in Barry's house the night his mother died was the Flash. Barry Allen as the Flash. So, somehow, he was there. Which means that one time in the future, Barry will travel back to that night," Cisco explained.

Eddie breathed out a sarcastic sigh. "Okay."

"Actually, I wasn't talking about that," Barry slowly admitted, watching Parker for any sign of indication. She stayed twiddling her thumbs. He sighed, breaking his gaze away from her. "I kind of already time travelled. By accident."

"What?" Caitlin gasped.

"I was running to try to stop a tsunami from hitting the city-"

"When was that?" Caitlin asked.

"The week Mark Mardon showed up," Parker said, lifting her head.

Caitlin's mouth dropped. "So Parker knew, but not Cisco and I?"

"Of course I did. I'm his girlfriend," Parker defended. Under her breath she mumbled, "Or at least for a little while longer I am."

"I did it right before you started getting those dreams," Barry continued, pointing at Cisco.