Simple As This

"Parker?" Joe was calling. "Parker, please, wake up. I need you here."

Parker knew nothing of where she was besides in the sewer --due to the horrid smell-- and that she was beside Joe West, who wouldn't stop calling her name.

"Parker--"

"Joe, stop," Parker finally whispered. "Please stop talking."

In all honesty, her head was pounding worse with every passing second.

Grodd hadn't shown any mercy when he knocked her head against the wall. (Yes, Cisco laughed when he heard she got knocked out.)

Parker brought her hand away from her eyes, blinking hard to adjust to the bright lights above her.

In the corner of her eye, she saw a giant shadow, causing that to be the first place she looked.

Grodd stood hunched over, fists on the floor. He (unnecessarily) guarded the doorway.

It wasn't like Joe and Parker were going to attempt escaping-- they weren't stupid enough to believe they were capable of battling against a gorilla.

As Parker's wide eyes met Grodd's, he snarled at her, wanting to scare her.

Parker raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. If anything, she thought Grodd would be more terrifying.

On the bright side, seeing Grodd had toned down her fear significantly.

Fractions of hope remained clear in her head. She had faith in Cisco to find the tracker embedded in her foot; she knew Barry now had motivation against Grodd.

Those two things were ensuring Parker that the cause of her (predicted) early death wasn't going to be in the sewer.

"Do you have anything on you that could help?" Joe asked, in a whisper.

"Joe, there is a gorilla standing there who can understand our words," Parker pointed out. "And no," she added.

A burst of steam popped from a flare down the alley, causing Parker and Joe to flinch.

Curious enough to inspect the commotion, Grodd stomped off down the alleyway.

"I may have not so accidentally shot myself in the foot with a tracker," She admitted to Joe, once Grodd was out of hearing range.

Joe's mouth dropped, presumably aiming to ask, 'Why?'

A bored look from Parker made him close his mouth and think about exactly why she would shoot herself.

The trackers were connected to the computers back at S.T.A.R. Labs. The original plan was to shoot Grodd, and find him when the signal was activated. Since Barry failed to shoot Grodd, Parker did it herself and succeeded, hence the flares starting to smoke.

Team Flash had found them.

"Parker, you're a genius," Joe whispered proudly.

As Parker predicted, her death wasn't down in the sewer, kidnapped by a meta-gorilla.

Exhaling an adrenaline filled sigh, Barry Allen fell into normal speed in front of Joe and Parker.

"Hey, guys," He greeted.

Parker opened her eyes. Sure enough, the Flash was there, holding his hands out to her.

When Barry helped her to her feet, she threw an arm around his neck, pulling his lips to hers.

Parker wasn't sure of her future relationship with Barry, but in the moment, she knew how she felt about him.

Barry didn't make some comment about it, luckily. He kissed her back with equally intense force, showing her, without having to say it, that he missed her too.