Night of Distractions

Believing that the action was done for the night, Parker went home to her apartment.

As soon as the door clicked shut, she wiggled from her dress and left it in the hallway. She pulled on shorts and a shirt and collapsed into bed, content, ready to fall asleep.

But, like a few previous events, someone from S.T.A.R. Labs wasn't ready to stop needing Parker for the night. Her cell phone went off. As usual, Parker whimpered and answered in a tired voice.

"You missed it. Felicity said being with Ray Palmer was like dating Barry in Oliver's body," Dr.Wells said. "She is quite the woman.."

Parker managed a smile. "Is that all?"

Someone shouted her name. It sounded like Felicity. Seconds later, heels clicked against the floor at a close distance for the speaker of Caitlin's cell phone to detect. That confirmed it was indeed Felicity.

"Present," Parker said. "Well, not really, but my voice is here. I thought we were done for the night?"

"Brie Larvan isn't. She's attacking Mercury Labs. We've sent Barry to her location and Ray to protect Tina McGee and the other Lab."

"Brie Larvan? Bee Larva? That's fucking tacky."

"Ms.Sylas, language.." Dr.Wells gently reminded.

"Yes, yes. Hey, if Oliver and Ronnie were here, it'd be an All Star team up. Which would actually be kind of awesome."

"Felicity, can you jam their frequency?" Cisco shouted. From the distant sound of his voice, Parker assumed he was not at the Cortex, but in the action.

"I already tried. I can direct them onto a new target.. Ray, get ready."

"Is the A.T.O.M. suit cool in action?" Parker wondered.

"It's interesting," Felicity admitted at the same time Cisco yelled, "Hell yeah!"

"Depends on who you ask, apparently," Parker giggled. "How's my Allen?"

"Not dead yet," Barry announced.

"I hacked into the bee's frequency. I'm controlling them.. Oh, she's good. She's like my nemesis. I've never had a nemesis before, I kind of like it."

Parker rolled onto her back, phone on her chest, speakerphone activated. She was confused as to what was happening with Felicity. Assuming the she was Brie Larvan, and nemesis meant the two were fighting, Parker gained a general idea.

"Are they having a hack battle?" Parker asked.

"It would appear so," Dr.Wells answered.

"Ah!" Felicity squealed. Fright turned to anger within a moment. "That bitch just sent sparks flying from the computer!"

"Felicity, right now might be a good time to do something!" Barry yelled, sounding in apparent danger.

"Why don't you do something? Can't you run?" Parker asked.

"Debatable," Barry called to Parker. His tone switched to fear. "Felicity!"

"Got it!" A few distinctive sounds occurred: the clatter of a keyboard, wheels on a computer chair skidding across the floor. "Boom! Drop the mic! Which is, um, metaphorical, of course, since I don't have a real.. microphone."

Parker gave a breathy chuckle, knuckles digging into her eyes. "Is everyone okay now? Can I go back to bed?"

Don't get her wrong, she appreciated being included in the conversation, however, the more time she spent with her eyes closed in the dark, the more her yearn for sleep increased.