Misinterpreted

"Don't you ever scare me like that again!" cried Parker when she ripped open the door to her apartment. "I mean, us. Don't scare us again. As in, Cisco, Caitlin, and I, collectively."

Barry Allen raised his hands in surrender. He slipped past her and collapsed on her couch. His heels touched his bottom, leaving her the necessary room to join him.

Parker rested her elbow on his propped knee. Her eyes remained stationed on the files scattered across the coffee table. She chose one, then began scribbling her report.

Aimlessly, Barry's finger circled the cap of his water. Nothing caught his eye in her apartment except for her. He didn't fight the urge to watch her. 

It seemed she performed aimless actions when concentrating, too. The thumb of her right hand gently pressed on the knuckles of each finger, slowly. She went through it four times before her thumb rested on the knuckle of her middle finger.

Barry fought to keep his eyes open. Watching her perform little mindless actions entertained him. Hell, he would be content watching her grocery shop. He simply found her intriguing. 

"You're quiet tonight," noticed Parker. "Falling asleep on me already?"

"I saw Iris there," admitted Barry. 

"Well, I sincerely hope you blurred your face."

"Yeah, she didn't see me."

"Good," praised Parker. "You know why she was there?"

"Some blog she runs."

"Please do not say it's about..."

"Oh, yeah," laughed Barry, "it's about me."

With a loud groan, Parker threw her head back. Her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose. "She's going to get herself hurt doing that shit," she warned. 

Barry nodded knowingly, though his worry for Iris wasn't in his main thoughts. His fingertips danced along her elbow. He forced her arm to extend to his chest, then laced their hands together. 

"Barry," mumbled Parker. 

"One night," he whispered. 

Minutes later, Parker complied to his wish. On her couch, they curled up together, Parker's papers discarded, and Barry's only thoughts about the way she felt in his arms. 

××××

Disruption of Barry's slumber came from the ray of sunlight shining through the curtains. He tried to stretch out his limps first, before he realized he couldn't, not due to the sleeping woman in his arms. 

"Parker," mumbled Barry. 

"No."

"Yeah, I know I don't want to get up either," he sighed, "but I have to get my phone, check that the CCPD doesn't need us.

Parker allowed one leg to fall from the couch. Slowly, her body followed. Sitting against the couch, she grabbed his phone and opened it, with his permission. 

"Oh, shit," said Parker. "Joe needs us at the bombing site from last night. He sent that twenty minutes ago."

"Go, go, get ready!" said Barry hurriedly. 

Parker raced into the bathroom. 

Barry used his speed to swirl around the apartment, buttoning his coat, tying his shoes. He ruffled his hair until it was in decent shape. He found the time to make a few pieces of toast to share for breakfast on the run.