Look After You

"Change your mind," mused Barry.

"You heard me," said Parker. 

"Then we're going to spend a day together this weekend. You pick what you want to do. So long as it's not rollerskating."

In the midst of shrugging her coat on, she groaned. "That wasn't the plan, but that sucks. Who doesn't like rollerskating?"

"Sorry to be a disappointment," joked Barry. "Leaving already?"

"I've got a girl to see."

"Iris?"

Parker squinted at him suspiciously. 

Barry shrugged. "She's your only female friend."

"Stalker," chimed Parker. 

"You would love to be stalked by me," replied Barry. After he realized what came from his mouth, he frowned. 

Parker rubbed her temples. "We literally suck at flirting."

"I agree," Barry said, sipping his coffee. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Actually, tonight."

"What?" he asked. 

"You dream about me, don't you, Barry Allen?"

××××

Parker sprinted the steps to the West house. Loudly and quickly, she banged on the wooden door, feet shuffling excitedly beneath her. 

Iris swung open the door. "Whoa, Park, what brings you around?"

"Is Thawne here?" she whispered.

"No, but my Dad is. If that infiltrates your plan, we can go somewhere else," offered Iris. 

Parker didn't care if Joe heard the conversation. She slipped past Iris. She kicked off her shoes, then collapsed on the coach, imitating a faint. 

Carefully, Iris followed her to the couch. 

"So, you know how I was a little hesitant to like Barry?" asked Parker.

"Of course."

"He came to my house. He invited me out for coffee, so I went. I confessed, Iris! It just kind of came spilling out of my mouth, like, vomit except with words! Anyway, he asked what he could do and I told him he could change my mind, and he suggested that we hang out, so we made a date for Saturday."

Iris pushed herself into a standing position and started jumping on the couch, screaming, "I'm a matchmaker, I'm a matchmaker, I'm a frickin' matchmaker!"

"Iris, Iris, Iris!" said Joe, emerging from the kitchen. "Honey, please, stop jumping on my couch. What are you screaming? I thought this phase was over."

"I'm setting up Parker and Barry!"

"Huh. You two would actually be cute. Good luck dealing with Barry and his awkward ways," he said. With a hopeless guffaw, he kissed Iris' head, high-fived Parker, then left for work. 

"What are you two trying to do on Saturday?" asked Iris.

"I don't know. I'm thinking dinner, movie, dancing?" asked Parker.