Forever Yours, Faithfully

Eddie, Iris, Joe, Martin and Cisco retreated into the building to start popping open wine bottles and preparing the cake.

Pictures of the newly married couple were taken by Parker. She had about twenty saved to her camera roll within ten minutes.

"Is that good? I mean, we still have get the 'cutting the cake' picture, but I think that's a wrap for outside," Parker said.

"Nope, get over here, Park," Ronnie said.

"Yes, I need a picture with my Maid of Honor," Caitlin agreed.

Parker paused for a second, her hand over her heart, almost tearing up at the emotional wave that occurred.

"Go on," Barry chuckled, giving Parker a light shove.

"Can I request a pose?" Parker asked.

"Am I going to regret saying yes?" Ronnie joked, glancing at Caitlin.

"Most likely," Caitlin and Parker chimed together.

Out of all the pictures taken that day, Caitlin and Ronnie's favorite was with Parker.

With Ronnie holding Parker's top half and Caitlin holding her bottom half, Parker laid horizontally in their arms, her hands tucked under her chin in a pose.

Their favorite part was the genuine laughs that Barry managed to capture. There was no fake smiling. It was real, and that made it fantastic.

After carefully letting Parker down, the four walked back to the Cortex. While Caitlin and Ronnie entered, Barry took Parker's wrist and stopped her a few feet away from the door.

He waited until it closed to say, "We have a minute now, don't we?"

"Yes," Parker agreed, "You go first."

Being faced with the moment was making his body warm with nerves. He stared at Parker, lips split, eyes wide, stating to second guess his next words. Rejection was his number one fear in the moment.

Parker's stomach was twisting in fear. She knew what she wanted to tell him, but she had a strong feeling that when it was her turn, word vomit would come tumbling out.

Plus, Barry staring at her was making her nervous.

"Well.. Did you want to--"

"I want to ask you to change history with me," Barry rambled, closing his eyes to avoid seeing her reaction, "I know where this is headed. I know what the article said. But I think we have a choice now. And I choose you. Change history with me, Parker Sylas. Be with me. I'm not ready to give this up.

I don't know how else to prove to you that you're my one and only. There's nothing I want more than to be with you. You don't have to be hesitant about this relationship anymore.

I know who I want, I've known ever since I met you. Well, when I met you again, after college. As Iris told me to do, let's choose our own destiny."

A pause passed, causing Barry to squeeze his eyes tighter in fear.

"And you want your destiny to include me?" Parker wondered quietly.

Barry opened his eyes. She was biting down hard on her bottom teeth, trying to keep her smile from taking over her whole face, as it did when she was insanely happy.

"Is that even a question?" Barry asked, feeling comfortable after a decent response from her.

"Well, you were sort of in love with Iris before me. My skepticism is well placed," Parker pointed out.

"Hey, what if you're the one who breaks up with me first?" Barry asked, "What if you marry someone else?"

"You have a better chance of falling back in love with Iris than I do of finding someone else," Parker insisted.

Barry's eyes lit up in a knowing way, "I want to find out."

"No," Parker said, wagging her finger, "We are not asking Gideon."

"But Parker--"

"I have one request," Parker shouted over him, hands resting on her hips, "and then, I am yours, for as long as we're meant to be."

"So, in other words: forever," Barry said. Gaining an eye roll from Parker, he laughed, "Okay, sorry, what's the request?"

"Do the eye thing," she said, a smirk raising the side of her lips.

"Park, you know I can't do it on command," Barry said.

"That's a lie, and you know it."

Barry stared at her with a grimace. She stared back, eyebrows raised expectantly.

Taking a deep sigh, Barry blinked once, allowing the lightning bolts to flash over his eyes.

"Aaand, I'm yours," Parker whispered.

Wanting to wait no longer to feel her lips, Barry grabbed her hips and pressed their chests together, catching her lips in a much needed kiss.