The Alley Allies

Kirishima frowned as he watched Bakugo leave the school building in a hurry, just barely noticing how his head slightly shifted side to side as if checking if anyone was watching him, before turning a corner, escaping Kirishima's view. Kirishima has had enough; Bakugo was hiding something, and it didn't matter if they didn't know each for more than 3 weeks, right now, his friend was acting suspicious. Way too suspicious.

His fiery temper and explosions was an everyday thing Bakugo did, and yet, something behind his face showed close to hesitance whenever he exploded Kirishima, even when Kirishima hardened, nullifying the quirk's impact. It was almost like somewhere deep down, he didn't want to explode him, despite it being in his blood...Almost like something, or someone, was stopping him from doing so.

His suspicions rose even more when Bakugo immediately jumped into action during the attack on UA. Anyone would excuse it as the perfect hero experience and the want for action, but something in Bakugo's eyes when he spoke so rationally to Iida made Kirishima realize it went far beyond simple experience, and it worried him. Something was missing, and Kirishima needed to find out what. Even if it meant betraying his trust.

_________________

Bakugo waited as patiently as he could.

He knew he came early — too early as a matter of fact — but he couldn't help but feel like he needed to be there, in case Midoriya would come earlier. He wanted to know how Midoriya was doing, and he wanted to finally figure out a way to help him; now that the tears of joy and regret have dried, internally of course, Bakugo's eyes were once again glowing with determination, and he realized just how stupid he was not to start planning on helping Midoriya. After all, the day he was declared dead, his house was a massacre covered in his and his mother's blood — so the question on whether or not Midoriya's joining was consensual was answered. Bakugo frowned as he picked at hoodie sleeves, trying to figure out a way to free Midoriya.

"Ka...Katsuki?" Bakugo spun around and glared at Midoriya, who was hesitantly walking towards him. He was wearing a light short, brown coat with a hood, but Bakugo recognized him anyway. It's just too obvious... He excused himself as he shook his head.

Midoriya slowly slipped off his clinical mask, and tried his best to keep his eyes on the blond, as if wanting to look away and run, and an uncanny expression etched on his face. Bakugo straightened and continued to watch Midoriya, who bit his lip as he darted his eyes away from the blond, not able to resist looking away, which proved even more that something was up.

"Hey." Bakugo greeted, as Midoriya stopped a few feet away from Bakugo, seeming reluctant to come any closer. Bakugo waited quietly as Midoriya opened his mouth, wanting to say something.

"Ka...Katsuki, I...I wanted to apologize." Bakugo frowned at the sudden statement. It's not like he had seen Midoriya, or Midoriya did anything to him or his classmates; hell, he didn't even see him during the attack at UA. Was he actually there? Is that why he is apologizing? Idiot. Bakugo pondered, crossing his hands on his chest.

"You didn't do anything fucking wrong." Bakugo stated firmly, not caring if he even did. He felt the need to reassure him, because the second he stepped forward, Midoriya stepped back, and the last thing Bakugo wanted was to scare him away by saying something that might scare Midoriya even more than he already was.

"I...I was...You're a UA student, right?" Midoriya asked vaguely. Bakugo let out a small, proud huff, not hesitating even for a second as he replied, a proud smirk on his face that he couldn't hold back.

"Of course I am. Didn't I tell you I was going to become the hero who beats every villain?" Bakugo smirked at Midoriya, but Midoriya's expression saddened even more as blinked rapidly, almost as if trying to stop himself from crying. Bakugo frowned and walked closer to Midoriya, who flinched at the action, and stepped 3 steps backwards. Bakugo stopped, his hand reaching out towards Midoriya as if wanting to reach out to him, but he quickly put it down and glared at the greenette, who started shaking even more. "Hey, what is it?" Midoriya cupped his mouth and looked down, but Bakugo could tell by his trembling shoulders that he was crying. Bakugo didn't know how to react — he didn't even know why he was so worried over something, and that, to be honest, was getting him nervous. Pathetic.