Where it Began Again

"Hey."

Midoriya nearly jumped out of his skin the second the familiar voice sounded behind him, and despite knowing exactly who the person was, he couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief after he turned around to look at his best friend.

"Hey, Kacchan." Midoriya greeted sheepishly as he placed his chin on his hand casually, trying to hide the blush that rose onto his cheeks from the paranoiac action.

"Meet me up after school at the gates of UA." Bakugo simply stated as he glanced at Shinso, who frowned at him incredulously. He opened his mouth again, and even if to anyone else it would seem like Bakugo simply let out a sigh, Midoriya realized that he hesitated to say something else, which caused him to frown as Bakugo walked towards where the BakuSquad was sitting.

"What was that about?" Shinso asked as he turned towards Midoriya, eyebrow rising in suspicion.

"Yes, Midoriya, that was incredibly strange. Even more so because it's Bakugo we're talking about." Tokoyami agreed as he poked his food with his chopstick. Midoriya let out a sigh as he shoved the food into his mouth, trying his best to come up with an answer.

"I honestly don't know." Midoriya excused as he once again glanced at the blond. Although, Midoriya had a bad feeling about it, even if it wasn't about hanging out with Bakugo in particular...

_________________

"You did get permission for the two of us to go out, right?"

Bakugo let out a disbelieving snort as he glanced at Midoriya.

"Yeah, I did, now stop worrying already. It's getting on my nerves." Bakugo accused. Although that wasn't a lie, what was actually getting on his nerves was the fact that he was so nervous. Bakugo wasn't one to be nervous, at least not as much as he is right now, and Midoriya worrying as well was making him even more pedantic about what he was going to do next, even though he knew he no longer had time to change anything.

Midoriya stayed quiet for the rest of the way, and Bakugo would've begged for him to start a conversation just for the awkward silence to end, but Midoriya, once again ignoring Bakugo's attempt of satisfying and impressing him, stayed quiet.

"Kacchan...Is this...?" Midoriya finally spoke up, although Bakugo stayed quiet, a small smirk appearing on his lips as he led the greenette into the mochi café.

"Oh, hello again!" The familiar red-haired woman greeted, the one whom Bakugo recognized to be the same one that had seated him last time.

"Kacchan, are you serious–"

"Table for two. The one you seated me one last time, preferably." Bakugo stated as he ignored Midoriya. The woman quickly glanced at Midoriya before nodding, and to Bakugo's surprise, led him to the exact table he had been sitting at last time.

"Alright, here you go. I'll bring you the menus in a moment." The woman said politely, and Midoriya and Bakugo sat down, Midoriya nodding in gratitude as the two settled down across from each other. Bakugo waited until the woman left, and seemingly, so did Midoriya, because before Bakugo had time to speak, Midoriya spoke instead.

"Kacchan, this is the place where Kohaku told us to meet up at first, right...?" Midoriya stated more than asked as he leaned in closer, his voice hushed as he glanced around.

"Yep. I sat here for fucking an hour and a half, waiting for you." Bakugo grunted as he crossed his hands over his chest, looking away from Midoriya as both teenagers remembered the day of their first meeting in all those years in the alley. There was a pregnant pause, and both looked away from each other as they tried to figure out what to say.