Smoke and Memories

Midoriya took a deep breath as he hesitantly sat on the bar stool of the abandoned bar, glancing at the top members of the league warily, and even somewhat curiously. After all, he couldn't just slack off and do nothing while Bakugo was trying to find a way to rescue him...Especially with the gift he had.

Midoriya was amazingly good at analyzing. That was something that not only his mother pointed out, but his teacher, especially his science teacher, whenever he submitted an analysis worksheet of an experiment or anything else that was assigned to him, and that was before he even started going to middle school! His passion towards heroes also brought his analysis to a whole other level, allowing him to analyze people and quirks of the heroes he saw on TV, even if he could only see them used one or two times.

Sadly, he no longer had anyone to brag to, or hear any praise, not that he was doing that for anyone other than himself. But because of the villains, he had to hide his gift, because he couldn't let them use him even more than they already do; he may not like to think of himself highly, but he understood that if the villains would have a pretty proficient analytic on their side, things were going to go even more downhill for him and uphill for the League.

"Hey, Midoriya." Midoriya turned hesitantly towards the seemingly polite voice, one that was similar to Kurogiri but didn't sound as low and seemed younger. Midoriya bowed politely at the man in greeting, and he watched as the villain, much to his surprise, bowed in greeting as well.

"Y-you don't have to bow..." Midoriya mumbled as he straightened, watching as the man in a formal costume, and with a strange hat and mask straightened as well, fixing his tie.

"Why not? I believe you are a part of our team now, and you deserve the same amount of respect as we do. So, do you wish for something to drink?" The man sat down on the bar stool next to Midoriya, placing his hand on the counter as he moved his head towards Kurogiri, who was standing on the other side of the counter, stereotypically cleaning a glass of wine with a cloth.

"Kurogiri, can I have the usual? And get a little extra for Midoriya to try." Compress said as his head slightly turned towards Midoriya, signaling that he was glancing at him. Kurogiri let out a hum, and leaning downwards, took out...

"No, really, you don't-" Midoriya quickly stuttered out as Kurogiri placed a hookah onto the counter.

"Don't be shy, Midoriya. Compress is right. Feel at ease, you are not going to be treated any lesser than anyone else here except for the young master. And besides, the effect of this one isn't as strong, so you'll be alright." Kurogiri explained, although Midoriya didn't feel even a bit more relaxed. Midoriya took a shaky breath as Kurogiri fiddled with the hookah, before Kurogiri handed Compress the hose and Compress lifted his mask, revealing his face. Midoriya quickly analyzed that he looked like he was in his late twenties or early thirties, before watching Compress inhale the tobacco from the hose and exhale slowly, steam-looking smoke flying towards Midoriya who held back from breathing. Compress then handed the pipe to Midoriya, who took it reluctantly while glancing at Compress, who gave him a wink and started to watch him, not taking his eyes off the greenette as he placed his elbow on the counter and leaned on his hand. Midoriya took a deep breath and pressed the mouthpiece to his mouth before slowly opening his mouth and inhaling a little.

Midoriya flinched and coughed as he put the pipe away from his mouth, exhaling, feeling his lungs get heavier and more full than he was used to. He slowly caught his breath as he avoided the intrigued gaze coming from Compress and most likely Kurogiri, who's expression he couldn't really read.

"It's...Not bad. Weird, but...Yeah." Midoriya shakily said as he felt his body unwillingly relax and slowly began to feel dizzy. He really didn't want to know what the more heavier tobacco would feel like, if this was what he was feeling from the weak version of it. He took a shaky breath and was about to excuse himself from smoking any more, when the door creaked open, and the room stilled for a second as they watched one of their leaders' walk into the bar, a man with a cigarette following behind him and closing the door. Midoriya licked his dry lips as he concentrated on the man behind Shigaraki, trying to memorize his feature, but he was snapped out of thought as Shigaraki spoke, his voice as hoarse as always.