With a Swing of a Hand

Togata gasped for air as he finally knocked the last of the lower ranking villains out, feeling the sparks around him weaken as he continued to use his quirk continuously for a long time, something he hadn't done before. It was wearing him out, and yet he forced himself to activate it once again, running down the corridor and turning right as he tried to find where Eri and Chisaki could have possibly tried to escape to.

And then, he found them.

It all happened so quick, if not for Togata's increased senses since he had learned to control his quirk, than he might have rushed into them. Although, unluckily for him, the two villains noticed him as well, both of which Togata had recognized. One of them from the papers, and the other one...He would never forget his face, and he was going to make sure the surprised and angry expression would soon turn into one of dread as he realized that he was done for.

And then, there was Eri, in his arms, her beautiful red eyes wide as she shook in the villain's hands, biting her lower lip as she slowly began to shook her head, unbelieving.

"Kai Chisaki, you will be giving this girl to me." Togata stated firmly, leaving no room for discussion. Chisaki growled and turned towards the other villain, quickly handing Eri over to him instead and waving him off.

Before he could even start running though, Togata permeated through the ground, and turned off his quirk, appearing right in front of the villain, blocking his path. He quickly permeated his torso as the villain attempted to kick him, and ended up stumbling. Togata used that moment to permeate his hand through the villains head, and turned off his quirk, causing the villain to uncontrollably stumble to his side, and letting Togata yank the girl from the villain's grasp now. "It's okay Eri. I've got you. You'll be safe with me." Togata reassured, smiling his usual bright smile at the girl. The girl continued shaking, her face seeming even more scared and shocked than it had been previously, although Togata quickly turned towards the two villains, the one whom he had hit already recovering and standing up, while Chisaki growled at him, throwing his gloves aside.

Togata readied himself as he realized what was most likely coming next.

Chisaki slammed his hand against the ground, and Togata barely had enough time to dodge, the spike erupting from the ground just barely managing to scrape the skin of his left shoulder. Togata grit his teeth in worry. He wasn't as fast as he'd like, and although he could use his quirk to be able to move faster, he wasn't able to fight with Eri in his arms, nor was he able to run away because of Chisaki, who would immediately kill him as soon as he turned his back towards him.

So he only had one choice. He had to hold out until the other pro heroes got here, and if not going with Eri to get her to a safer place, he would at least have to give her to the other pros and help deal with Chisaki when Eri was safe and his hands were free.

"Eri...Come back to me..." Chisaki growled shaking in anger as he covered his face above his mask, clenching his other hand beside him. "You know that every action you take, kills people...Are you seriously willing to risk their lives again, just for them to die...? You're cursed Eri. You break people. Only I know how to handle you, and once you're with them, you'll kill them." Chisaki revealed his face, on which hive looking dots have appeared. "Come to me, Eri." Chisaki commanded again, turning towards the hero in training and girl.

"Let me go! I have to go back! He'll kill you!" Eri cried out as she unsuccessfully pushed Togata, trying to get out of his grasp. Togata held her firmly, reassuringly smiling at her, determination glowing in his eyes.

"It's fine, Eri. I'll take care of this. I'll become your hero!" Togata announced, winking at Eri. Eri continued to sob, although she stayed reluctantly in his arms, still shaking, but not trying to escape.