A Mission for a Happy Ending

Bakugo let out a groan as he rubbed his temple, having received enough socializing for a year if not more. Although, as much as he wanted to spend some time alone without speaking with anyone, he felt guilty for leaving Midoriya without any attention, even if the greenette wasn't exactly needy. At least, not visibly. But Bakugo knew better, and he wanted to make sure their unstable relationship didn't get worse.

And then, as much as Bakugo was against titles, he wanted to know what was going on. Was he allowed to hug Midoriya? Kiss him? Hell, could he take him out on a date or call him babe? Most questions were theoretical and Bakugo would do them if he wanted to, title or no title (all except for babe — at least, not unless he was teasing him, which Bakugo wanted to do to see his reaction), he still was curious.

Luckily for him, Shinso was with Tokoyami, and he didn't necessarily have to talk to the insomniac if Tokoyami, who was way more respectful towards Bakugo (even if it was just his usual way of talking to others), which was a relief to Bakugo. He walked up to them, the two dark-themed friends having been sitting under a tree near the Class 1A dormitory.

"Hey, Birdbrain, you seen Izuku?" Bakugo used the name on purpose to piss the purple-head off, and it seemed to work as Shinso tensed at the informal name.

"He left a few minutes ago, to meet with a friend if I understood correctly." Tokoyami stated calmly, used to the nickname and even partially glad it wasn't too insulting like the others. Bakugo huffed in gratitude, which is a gesture not understood by many, but a thankful gesture nonetheless, and began heading towards the General course dormitory, already knowing who Midoriya was hanging out with, if not with Shinso or Tokoyami.

As he walked towards the elevator, he tried to remember the nickname he gave to the already nicknamed male Mustard. Maybe he should just call him that? That would sound too respectful to him though. Well, he'll just have to come up with something later, or use the basic terms of offense he had memorized by heart already (extra, idiot, bastard, for people he hated most fuckface, etc.).

Finally, he reached the dorm room, and without knocking, entered the room, having learned that as much as the greenette liked his privacy, he was terribly bad at keeping it, and he needed to learn his lesson.

What he hadn't expected was for Midoriya to flinch and snap his head towards him, his eyes shocked and just barely teary as Mustard also snapped his head towards Bakugo, although his eyes posture more tense than sad, albeit shocked as well.

Whatever had been happening, Bakugo already didn't like it.

"The fuck is going on?" Bakugo snarled, glaring mostly at Mustard. Mustard narrowed his eyes and turned away, standing up with a shaky sigh before walking towards Bakugo.

"Just think about it, okay, Izuku?" Mustard said, although his voice didn't sound gentle, but rather reluctant, as he passed Bakugo carefully, his skinny figure allowing him to do so even with the extra layers of clothing he liked wearing, and walked out of the dorm. Bakugo turned towards Midoriya, focusing back on him instead.

"What was that about? What did he say?" Bakugo tried to sound gentle, but his voice ended up sounding harsh nonetheless, although with how Midoriya was trying his best to quickly calm down, he (thankfully) didn't seem offended by the harsh tone. That was worrying too though, as well.

"He just...Um...Some not-so-nice news, that's all."

"What do you mean?"

"It's not really important."

"You don't do waterworks off "not-really-important" stuff, shithead. And you're a terrible liar." Midoriya went quiet after that. Bakugo waited for him to say something, anything, but Midoriya stayed silent, and Bakugo gulped, trying to calm down his usual anger at being ignored and slowly replacing it with nervousness of what could possibly have been the bad news. Especially if it was Mustard bringing them.