Reunion With the Pantomath

Midoriya didn't have to open his eyes to know where he was, and who was sitting beside him on the familiar chair. The dusty scent of the room, the dimness of the light coming from the cracked lantern on the slowly rotting nightstand to his right, the leather latches on his skin that strapped him to the bed, the creaking bed stained with blood of many villains and kidnapped alike.

He was back at the underground of the League, inside one of the healing rooms. And beside him was no one other than the worst, sane madman that Midoriya had ever known.

"You don't have to pretend you're asleep, Izuku. But you can if you want to, although, I must admit, I have been lacking your company. For a while now, as a matter of fact." Keisha stated as he shifted on the creaking stool, his voice casual and confident, holding not even a small hint of hesitance. Keisha knew he was awake, and no wasn't an answer.

"Why am I here? Why go through all the trouble to get me back?" Midoriya whispered, his throat dry and his eyes aching threateningly. He hadn't cried in a while, but being outside of the underground had definitely made him unwillingly more sentimental than he preferred.

"Like I said, I am lacking proper company. I had wanted to get you back earlier, but All for One refused. I'm guessing he just got sick of me trying to make conversation with him, so he aided me with your recapture." Keisha explained bluntly, a small chuckle escaping him afterwards. "You haven't been wanting my company as much as I wish for yours, I suppose?" Midoriya stayed quiet. Should Keisha have asked that 3 years ago, Midoriya would've answered honestly, for the sake of pleasing the man and spending more time with him rather than Shigaraki and the other menacing villains. Keisha was one too, but...He was different.

"You are right. I've been alright on my own all that time, and I was alright as well before you decided to kidnap me again." Midoriya heard Keisha take a deep breath, ready to start speaking, but Midoriya quickly interrupted, not wanting to listen to any more nostalgia from the closest to him villain in the underground. "I am training to become a hero now. I can't be nice to you anymore."

"But you want to, don't you?" Midoriya hesitated at the blunt statement. Sure, Keisha was always this blunt, be Midoriya could never get used to that, and he couldn't come up with as much of a blunt statement off the top of his head like Keisha did. Keisha chuckled again, placing a hand onto Midoriya's shoulder. Midoriya flinched from the touch, and shifted as much as he could away from the side of the bed where he knew Keisha was sitting.

By then, Midoriya had realized that Keisha had put a blindfold on him, and yet Midoriya didn't understand why. Because of Midoriya's quirk, Midoriya had an extreme sense of his surroundings, especially living beings. So why did he blindfold him?

"Hey, Izuku." Keisha started again, seeming to straighten in his chair. "No one ever understood me. Except for you. And don't pretend like you don't feel the same way. I've seen the way you looked at me." Keisha hummed nostalgically. Midoriya, meanwhile, tensed up at the statement. It hit too close home to his liking, and he was going to have to start playing more hero than an old friend of the villain.

"That was then, this is now." Midoriya stated simply as he turned towards where he knew Keisha was sitting. Keisha went quiet, and for the first time in a long time, Midoriya had no idea what the man was thinking. He didn't have the privilege of seeing his expression either, not that it would help much.

Suddenly, the leather straps on Midoriya's hands began to shift, and Midoriya tensed up as he realized Keisha was doing something with the straps.

Midoriya didn't know what he had expected when the first strap on Midoriya's hand fell off, and Midoriya put it down on the bed. Of course Keisha would start playing games with him. And Midoriya, as contradictory as it would seem, wasn't going to be stupid and try and possess Keisha to escape, whether he had all the keys or not. Because that man was insane. He never brought along any keys, and...Nor did ever he have any weapons either when he was with the villains, forced or not, if it wasn't torture.