We Used to be Children

Bakugo didn't know what the hell he was doing, why he was doing what he was, and what kind of Midoriya's fucking guardian angel decided to show up and possess him to do what he was doing now. And yet, here he was, standing in front of Midoriya's room, doing his best to hold back from punching the purple haired insomniac blocking his path.

"I'll ask you again, Bakugo. What are you doing here?" Shinso asked, his voice firm and threatening. Bakugo didn't respond, remembering Shinso's quirk, and simply glared at him profusely as he waited for him to say something that would give him a somewhat decent reason to use force. "Great. You're not going to answer, huh? You know about my quirk, so I guess that option is–"

"I'm here for the nerd, not you."

"You're definitely not here to do good if you're not even calling him by his respected name." Bakugo shook his head in disbelief. He had no idea what kind of chat they had yesterday, but he wasn't about to explain himself to the paranoiac insomniac, who, Bakugo noted, seemed even more paranoid than Midoriya at the moment.

"Listen, if you're not getting out of my way, I'm gonna–"

"Kacchan, you're not going to blast anyone." Shinso swirled around, and Bakugo snorted at the insomniac's surprised expression as Midoriya appeared from the now open doorway. "And Shinso, thank you for worrying about me, but Kacchan means no harm." Midoriya smiled warmly at Shinso before hesitantly turning towards Bakugo, a sheepish smile on his face somewhat resembling guilt.

"Let's go, nerd. We're already pretty late." Bakugo snapped as he reached over Shinso's shoulder, before yanking Midoriya out of the room and dragging him with him towards the stairs, choosing to jog down them instead of going down the elevator.

"Kacchan, wait! I'm not even changed!" Midoriya exclaimed as he glanced at his clothes. He was wearing sweatpants and white t-shirt, so Bakugo simply rolled his eyes and continued pulling him after himself, dragging him out of UA. Luckily, this time, Midoriya didn't ask whether Bakugo or not got permission, which made Bakugo slightly relax at the more definite trust.

The two walked down the streets, Midoriya following him quietly as the two made their way amongst the crowd, seemingly unnoticed by the people around them. The two walked, and Midoriya couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia, despite not having memories playing in his mind. No, no certain memory could be played, because he had been there so many times, and all of them were special.

Bakugo and Midoriya entered the playground, which they had been at nearly every day, whether it was to play or to simply hang out like the cool kid Bakugo was. Midoriya stopped, examining the now more rusty and old-looking playground, Bakugo climbed up the corkscrew and hopped expertly onto the net-web top of the playground.

Midoriya smiled at the action, and as Bakugo glared at him impatiently, he quickly followed, hopping even more expertly with his lack of weight. Bakugo rolled his eyes as Midoriya's proud smile, and Midoriya seated himself beside Bakugo, the square shaped web fitting both teenagers almost perfectly.

There was a pregnant pause, and the two slowly felt themselves tense. Iit felt strange how the space that usually could fit all of Bakugo's gang and Midoriya, whereas now, it could only fit Bakugo and Midoriya. And that the two were sitting together alone, without Bakugo's other friends. And maybe, that was for the better.

"How long can you hang upside down before you feel dizzy?" Midoriya asked bluntly. He didn't know whether he just made things even more awkward, or he had finally ended the tense silence, but he got an answer quickly as he heard a snort coming from Bakugo, who turned to him with a disbelieving smirk on his face and a raised eyebrow.