A Gut-Churning Feeling

They slept in Midoriya's room again that day.

Although, when Midoriya woke up from his nightmare, he didn't wake Bakugo up.

Midoriya was glad he hadn't woken up Bakugo. He didn't need to trouble him more than he had already, and besides, his presence alone was enough for Midoriya to calm down and remember that he was no longer there, underground, and even if some of the League's members lingered in their world , that was fine, because they had each other.

The troubling thing was, Midoriya had another mission the same day.

Now, the reasonable way was telling Aizawa and Nezu that he couldn't do it, and that he, like they allowed, would quit and let them take over the job. That was what he was supposed to do, especially after the rare emotional side Bakugo showed to him yesterday, and how much pain Bakugo revealed Midoriya's missions were causing him. Although ...

Midoriya wasn't a quitter. Hell, that's what helped him get from being a controlled thug to a student at the UA. As inconspicuous as it was, Midoriya was a prideful teenager, and if he said he would do something, he would. But at the same time, he told two people he would do completely opposite from each other things, and he was unsure of what to do. He didn't want to quit his missions, but he didn't want to ruin what he and Bakugo had, as unclear as it was, and he was doing so by not quitting his missions.

He had to come up with something before the end of the day, or else he was just going to make the wrong choice and regret it a lot later, he knew that for sure.

Although, not now. Right now, he enjoyed the view in front of him, a rare moment when Bakugo looked completely relaxed, resting on his back with his face turned towards Midoriya, breathing calmly.

It was pleasant, seeing him in such a relaxed state. Not angry, not annoyed, not worried, but relaxed. Would he be able to keep that expression if Midoriya did quit his mission? That seemed unlikely, but their relationship would worsen for sure, and that was enough for Midoriya to understand that he couldn't keep things the way they were.

"Morning." Midoriya flinched as he blinked, snapping out of his thoughts and seeing the now awake and more familiar, tense expression of the blond, albeit still partially relaxed.

"Morning." Midoriya greeted back, smiling slightly as he slowly began to move, crawling off the bed and placing his feet lazily onto the ground, stretching as he stood up.

"What time is it?" Bakugo asked.

"Six."

"Hm." Bakugo stood up as well, also stretching before letting out a long sigh. Midoriya glanced at Bakugo before glancing at his bathroom, and Bakugo, taking the hint, shook his head lazily.

"Go. I'm going to my room." Bakugo grunted, mostly grumpily-annoyed rather than actually annoyed. Midoriya nodded and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind him, and Bakugo felt like smacking his head against the wall, which was a mood hard to deal with in his tired state of mind.

Midoriya was exhausting, even more so when he acted so politely and nervously around the blond. If Midoriya thought Bakugo was annoying and mean, then Midoriya was too polite and nice to Bakugo, which the blond knew wasn't all he had to his personality. He had seen glimpses of his confident self, competitive self, and yet, Midoriya seemed to be open one day and shy the other, and trying to adapt to the mood swings wasn't an easy task.

Basically, their relationship was exhausting, but Bakugo knew that in the end, it was worth it.

Meanwhile, Midoriya had started to wash up, preparing for the day. He didn't know what he wanted to do, but seeing the circumstances, he would probably be hanging out with Bakugo — after all, he still didn't know where they stand, and knowing Bakugo, he couldn't directly ask him without Bakugo teasing him or basically being annoying about all of it, despite him being the one initiating their kiss the second time (neither were sure who kissed the other first during their first kiss, so as much as Midoriya treasured it, it was way less clear then their second one).