The Last Time we Meet as Enemies

Midoriya couldn't believe it. He had spent three hours attached to the back of a bus. The back of a bus. Worst of all, he had been noticed more than once — some of the people who noticed him even were about to walk up to him and ask what he was doing, but luck happened to be on his side for that part, since the bus either took off as soon as the people who caught him reached him, or as soon as he was noticed. Either way, even though it was awfully awkward, Midoriya had managed to locate the place where the hero course students would be staying...Meaning he would keep his life. That was good enough for him at the moment.

Midoriya let out a sigh as he pressed "send location" on his phone, and as soon as he felt buzzing and a few seconds later received a confirmation message from Kurogiri, he couldn't have been more happier to go deeper into the forest, further away from the hero course students that could find him at any moment. And especially EraserHead...He probably has a huge grudge against him, and if he sees him and recognizes him, since Midoriya was wearing his villain costume, he wouldn't be let off the hook easily.

Midoriya gnawed at his lip as he settled next to a tree, leaning on it uncomfortably as he tried his best to find a good place to spend the night. Taking out a loaf of bread and chewing it guiltily, he couldn't help but wonder if the promise he had asked Kurogiri to make him wasn't a lie...

"Kurogiri?"

Kurogiri turned around towards the familiar voice. As he had guessed, Midoriya was rushing towards him hurriedly, although seeming almost hesitant as he finally reached Kurogiri, keeping an awkward distance of a few feet from the mist man.

"Yes, Midoriya?" Kurogiri replied as he fully turned to face the greenette. Midoriya opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again as he let out a small hum, trying to come up with the right way to form his next sentence.

"I...I was wondering if you could do me a little favor...You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but it would mean a lot if you..." Midoriya bit on his lip harshly as he looked up at the mist man, seeing no evident expression on his face. Kurogiri let out a hum, confirming he had heard, before he spoke again,

"I will hear you out. Please, go on." Midoriya nodded nervously as he began to fidget with his hands, shifting from one foot to the other as he slowly began to speak,

"That guy...Katsuki Bakugo...When I'm gone for the mission, no one will take care of him. After all, Shigaraki had only let me in because I was the only one willing to keep him alive, and, well..." Midoriya took a shaky breath as he tried to straighten, looking up at Kurogiri with a slightly pained expression that he hadn't managed to hide. "I was wondering if you could take care of him...At least give him some food while I'm gone. If Sadako or anyone else decides to hurt him, I can take care of his injuries once I'm back, but could you at least..." Midoriya trailed off once again, looking away from Kurogiri worriedly as his fists clenched, knuckles white as he looked at the floor, waiting for Kurogiri to reply.

"I believe I can do that. As a matter of fact, if anyone does decide to hurt him, I will tend his injuries as well." Kurogiri stated as he bent his knees under him, courching as he looked up at Midoriya who now had no other choice but to look at him. Midoriya's expression slowly turned from shock and confusion to one of even more nervousness, although slightly visible happiness as well as he smiled cringely at Kurogiri.

"T-Thank you...It means a lot. I'll repay you in whichever way I-"

"No need, Midoriya. Please, think of it as a small privilege as new comrades." Kurogiri interrupted, straightening. Midoriya looked like he was about to refuse, but quickly stopped and put on a small but thankful smile instead.