That Was Then, This Will be Later

Midoriya glanced side to side, searching the strip-club (which he had, without any problem, been let into after slightly opening his jacket to the guard, showing him a small pocket with a transparent bag tip just barely visible, unknowingly to the guard, not actually filled with drugs), searching for the person he had been so mysteriously sent to by All for One.

"I need to know who you work with."

"I can't just give you the answer, can't I?" There was a small pause, before a small smirk appeared on the greenette's face, excitedly looking at the plainly smiling villain.

"Then let's play."

"Now that sounds better. I have someone you could meet, little trouper, but believe me when I say, it's going to take heavy convincing to untie his tongue."

With that, he gave him a name. A code name, but it was enough, because direct associates masked under smaller organizations chose their code names under the same rule, and Midoriya, after some deciphering, found the man's real name — Kage Kaminari.

Now, Midoriya couldn't help but be surprised when he found out that name, because it was pretty famous, especially now that he was in the school which his son attended, Denki Kaminari. He wasn't complaining though, he could easily use that to his advantage.

A formally sitting figure caught Midoriya's eyes after a couple minutes of searching, and he smirked triumphantly. The man Midoriya recognized as Kage was sitting at a bar stool, only time to time glancing around at the women before turning back towards his drink, seeming to not be as interested as some of the yelling men beside the stages where the women were dancing around the pole.

Midoriya quickly jumped onto the stool that was conveniently empty beside Kage, and Kage glanced at him only for a second before turning away towards the strippers, seeming to not like the new company. Which definitely meant he wouldn't 'like what was going to come next.

"Kage Kaminari, age 32. Your wife died in a car accident, her breaks obviously cut by villains after your failure during a mission. Too bad, she was a good hero. You have a son, Denki Kaminari, who, also, not-so-luckily for you, is a hero in training." The man snapped his head towards Midoriya as he spoke, and Midoriya quirked a playful eyebrow at him before continuing. "Damn would it be interesting news if he found out his father was a villain! Do you think he'd take the pleasure of taking you down himself?" The black-haired man glared at him in shock with his white eyes for a few seconds before scowling, glancing around warily as he leaned closer towards Midoriya.

"Who the fuck are you and what do you want?!" He hissed, obviously panicked. Even if he wasn't too famous, some people could recognize him for being the husband of a murdered hero and the boss of one of the well-known gadget industries. For example, people like Midoriya, even if he was searching for him in particular.

"You work with the League, right? Same here."

"I don't work with the League anymore, I'm transferring back to civil life." The man snapped as he gripped tighter onto his glass of beer. Midoriya snorted and rolled his eyes. He sure made it sound easy, but it was hard even for Midoriya, who was forced to become a villain, to get rid of his habits of breaking bones whenever someone tapped his shoulder from behind him without permission.

"That's what they all say. Now, I have an offer."

"I'm not taking any of your goddamn offers. I already told you, I–"

"Not a villain, yeah. That's why nothing you're going to do is illegal, on the contrary." Kage frowned at him, but didn't interrupt, and Midoriya almost let out a sigh of relief that he got Kage's attention. "You're going to tell me all you know about the League and its' associates, and then I'll go. Even better, you can schedule meetings with a couple of them for me yourself."