A Different Way of Coping

Bakugo frowned as he turned his head side to side, examining his surroundings. He couldn't see the walls, only darkness around him, and it made him feel as if he was suffocating. He tried to move, but it felt like he was restrained, and he glanced down, confused. He couldn't feel them, but there were metal straps around his wrists, binding him down to an old, wooden chair.

He flinched as he heard a sharp laugh, followed by maniacal laughter from the same, too-familiar voice of a female. A villain. He didn't know her name, but he didn't need to see her to know he was–

The woman appeared in his view, walking out of the shadows and smirking at him, her eyes wide and her arms slowly deforming, turning bending irregularly, the edges bent and sharp, and slowly walking closer, and closer ...

Bakugo tried to move again, but his movement were weak. He couldn't feel his body, and even if he was moving, he couldn't feel it, and that made it even more terrifying. He tried to scream, but nothing came out. His mouth was closed shut, and it felt like he couldn't breathe.

The villain's face slowly began to deform, her eyes narrowing into slits and her lips and cheeks disappearing and drooping down her face, revealing all her teeth and gum as she continued to smile maniacally, although it could no longer be described as smiling. She withdrew her hand, and aimed it right at his torso, before with one swift movement, piercing him.

Bakugo gasped as he shot up. From his bed, he was laying on his bed, but it took him a while to understand that, a dreadful while to regain his consciousness. He wrapped his arm around his torso, a phantom aching in his stomach as he tried to regain his breathing, looking down at his wrists and torso, both clean from blood. He was fine. He was fine, that was just a nightmare ...

"A nightmare?" Bakugo almost snorted to himself, if he still wasn't recovering from the way-too ​​realistic encounter with the villain who had tortured him in the underground. Is this what he feels too? Bakugo couldn't help but wonder. Midoriya didn't tell him how vividly he saw his dream, so Bakugo wasn't sure (him not really remembering any nightmares of his own, if he had any of them at all) how they truly felt. And yet, if he felt those, every week as he said, Bakugo wasn't sure how much he managed to get through.

Bakugo let out a shaky breath as he tilted his head side to side, gradually regaining control over his body. He reached for his phone, taking it tiredly and checking the time.

"Fuuck." Bakugo groaned tiredly as he read the time. It was only 3 am, and yet he felt like he wouldn't be able to get even an ounce of sleep after the nightmare. His eyes just didn't feel like closing and his mind was against returning back to the darkness.

And so, he slowly sat up, his body feeling heavy and his head slightly hurting, but he felt better as he stretched, letting out a long sigh. Should he make himself some coffee? Maybe make early breakfast? He felt in the mood for sweets though ...

He walked out of his dorm, not bothering closing it, and walked leisurely down the stairs, humming with every step as he blinked slowly, feeling tired despite knowing he wouldn't be able to fall asleep, even if he tried. Finally, he reached the first floor, and walked tiredly towards the first floor.

Although, he stopped dead in his tracks as he heard just barely audible footsteps, feeling his heart skip a beat.

He jumped towards the window, wanting to check whether it was his imagination or not, and kneeled beside it, hoping his hair and red eyes wouldn't be able to be seen by whoever was outside, if he hadn't hallucinated it. Although, his hope faded as he caught sight of two silhouettes, barely visible, a couple feet away from the dormitory. Bakugo held his breath as he waited for either figure to move, and soon enough, the two began to walk away, out of sight.