The Torture of One's Mind

Midoriya woke up...Somewhere. He had no clue where.

All he knew was that it was an alley, that it was about midday (judging by how the sun was directly above him), and that the smell of blood coming from his hero costume made his urge to throw up, previously solely because of the concussion, even worse than it had been.

Midoriya groaned and turned on his side, his head pounding because of the movement. He managed to place his hand under himself, and although shakily, forced himself to sit up. His vision blackened even more, and his head began to pound, and Midoriya forced himself to move closer to the wall of the alley, breathing heavily as he tried to calm down the headache and his racing heart. Breathing heavily, he realized that the scent of blood had decreased, and he frowned in confusion, before looking down at his hero costume.

It didn't have a single stain on it.

Midoriya frowned, hissing as he forced himself to move his legs and torso forward, so that he could properly see his hero costume. It was completely stainless, if not counting the dust and a little bit of dirt he saw on his side, and which was probably on his back as well. But that wasn't what made Midoriya so worry - it doesn't matter if it got dirty, dusty or sweaty.

But where was the blood?

Midoriya looked around, confused, dizzy, and in pain as he moved his head to study his surroundings. Looking to the right, he saw another wall at the end of the alley, although it belonged to another building, meaning that there was most likely a way for him to get onto the street if he went that way. The same was to his left, although, he didn't have time to inspect it as thoroughly as something on the ground caught his attention. A neatly folded stack of clothing, including shoes and masks.

His hero costume. Identical to the one he was wearing, but with the blood staining the green of it. The one that he wore while cutting off Chisaki's hands.

Midoriya's breath became more rapid as he tried to understand what that meant. Was he going insane? Was this a dream? Did someone find him and bring him a spare costume? But he only had one, so had did they manage to get an identical copy? And besides, if someone did find him, why did he put on a spare costume when he obviously had a concussion and was injured? Who did this?!

What the fuck is going on?! Midoriya thought nervously, trying his best to calm down as he attempted to sort out his thoughts. All he knew was this: he woke up, in an alley, somewhere in...Somewhere. Hell, he didn't even know if he was even in the same city, all he remembered that moments before, he was sitting in the darkness of the semicircle he created with his so-called possessing quirk, and then he was...

Eri! His mind suddenly supplied, and he gasped as his mind completely changed direction, once again focusing on the abused girl, forgetting all about the hero costume and the rest of the mysteries about where he was.

He felt guilty, angry, and confused as to how he could've forgotten about the girl, and whether he was moved to a far away location, that shouldn't have been his top priority. The concussion was really getting to him, and that made Midoriya's mind even foggier as he tried to concentrate on too many things at once. Where is Eri? How can he get to her? Is he in the same city as her? Will he be able to fight if he's so dizzy? Could he do the same trick like Chisaki and use his quirk to lift himself so that he could see where he was? How did he do that, though? No, back to Eri! Eri is the number one priority, and I have–

Midoriya groaned as he fell back onto his bottom, hissing at the sudden flaring pain in his head and muscles. He was completely drained, and the overuse of his quirk didn't make it any better, if not counting blocking the pain in his right arm. Midoriya poked it, preparing for the same amount of pain there was in his right arm as he moved, but he felt nothing. So he had overused his quirk, which meant his hand was going to be numb for a while...Not good, especially if he was still in danger.