The Fulfillment of the Promise

Bakugo's eyes slowly opened, and he was immediately forced to close them again as blinding white light shone into his eyes. He let out a tired hum as he shifted around, trying to feel the rest of his body as he slowly began to regain consciousness. Hospital...This is a hospital. He thought to himself as he opened his eyes again, this time just blinking rapidly as he took in his surroundings. How long had he been in the hospital? It couldn't have been for too long, right? And if so, where was he before...

Memories came flooding back in and his eyes widened as he immediately tried to sit up, nearly crashing back down because of the pouding in his head if not for a firm but feminine hand on his back catching him and slowly placing him back into a laying position. Bakugo gritted his teeth, the headache slowly starting to fade away, before looking to his left to see who had caught him.

"Katsuki! You brat, you scared us to death!" Mitsuki, Bakugo's mother, exclaimed worriedly as she leaned over her son. Her expression seemed to be a mix of worry with anger, which was usual and yet...There was more pain in her eyes than Bakugo was used to, and he gulped the forming knot in his throat nervously as he tired to come up with soothing words for his usually composed mother.

"You...Really thought you'll...Get rid of me so easily?" Bakugo managed, his throat dry and aching from the words before he finally let himself cough, Mistsuki once again pressing her hand assuringly and gently against Bakugo's chest before moving her hand to cup the back of Bakugo's head, titling it and pressing a glass against his lips. She tilted the glass and Bakugo drank, letting out a small relieved sigh. He didn't really care how relaxed or weak he looked right now; right now, all his energy was supposed to go to his next question.

"Hey, hag...What about 'Zuku?" He asked quietly, his voice not sounding as dry as it had before, and more of his usual confidence seeping into his voice. Although, his mother ignored the nickname and smiled assuringly at him, slowly nodding her head.

"He's in a stable condition, it shouldn't get worse...He is in asleep, and might go into a comma, but that shouldn't be for long either. But, Kat..." Mitsuki let out a sigh and smiled at her son genuinely, the smile as rare on her face as it was on Bakugo's. "I'm so, so, proud of you. You brought Izuku back to us, and if not for you, who knows what would've happened?" Mistsuki pressed her lips tightly into a thin line as if trying to calm down. She let out a shaky sigh and patted Bakugo on the head, which Bakugo didn't respond in his usual annoyed way. Instead, he let himself smirk as he playfully looked at his mother, and Mitsuki immediately knew that a snarky comment was coming her way, and just as Bakugo opened his mouth to speak, she stood up, interrupting him.

"I'll go before you completely regain your energy and start blowing everything up. So if someone asks, I'm not your mother, got it brat?" She stated more than asked as she spun around and stomped out of the room, the walk considered casual in the Bakugo household. Bakugo let out an annoyed, but slightly pleased 'tch' as he closed his eyes, leaning against his pillow. Right now, all he could do was wait until he was allowed walk, and then he could finally see Midoriya...

After all, their new life was about to begin, and he wasn't planning on spending most of it on some stupid bed, not without Midoryia by his side...

_________________

Midoriya didn't know what happened. He didn't know why it happened. He couldn't stop it either. After waking up, feeling as if his breath was being controlled, and his immobility as all his limbs felt numb, he panicked, and gasping for air, used all his nearly non-existent strength to take off whatever was on him...Some mask, apparently. He breathed shallowly, trying to catch his breath as he felt his lungs squeeze painfully. Midoriya couldn't help the tears that came pouring out of his eyes as he gasped for air, terrified.