Not Completely Invincible

After Midoriya stopped crying, he was silent, and to say that freaked Bakugo out was an understatement.

Not that he had been expecting gratitude from the now weak greenette, but he hadn't exactly expected him to go quiet and awfully still all of a sudden. The only thing stopping Bakugo from checking his pulse was how he was just barely audibly breathing, and yet that wasn't relieving either. Why was he so quiet?!

"Feeling better?" He asked quietly, slowly moving his hand from Midoriya's shoulder and placing it behind him awkwardly as he waited for a response. Midoriya didn't speak, and just barely nodded, still laying his head on his knees and not looking up. "I..." Bakugo hesitated, unsure of what to say. It's okay? It's not, because he killed people, he was an executioner. Only an idiot would say that. It will be fine? It's the truth, and as awful as it sounded at such a serious moment, it was cheesy as fuck. I'll take care of you? Wasn't a lie either, but it also didn't sound right.

He didn't feel like words were a good fit in this situation. Just like Midoriya quietly nodded, Bakugo had to speak the same way by actions, or stay quiet, which didn't feel like a good idea to him, for some reason. Intuition.

He had to do something, and hugging him didn't feel like an option. It would be strange, and it just, again, didn't feel right, and Bakugo felt like listening to his gut right now was a better idea than listening to his screaming senses of simply jumping out of that damn window and ending this waterworks show ... But he didn't think of this as a waterworks show, at least, not the rational part of him.

Those weren't waterworks. Hell, Midoriya should've cried way more than that. He was traumatized to the core, and as strange and awkward as this analogy might sound, a broken vase. No glue could turn it back into the beautiful masterpiece it was, not without tainting it. And the slightest push, and everything would go crumbling down. Was that was happened just now?

Midoriya was strong, but he wasn't invincible. As guilty as Bakugo felt, he was glad that Midoriya let him see his humane side, but at the same time, he felt not in his place when it came to this. And again, at the same time, he felt like he was the one who was supposed to be with Midoriya during this moment. Now, he just had to figure out what to do.

Meanwhile, Midoriya was gradually calming down, but the clench in his chest was threatening for tears to spill again should he take a wrong breath or let his mind slip in the wrong direction. Although, he bared with it, trying to calm down, especially with the overwhelming guilt he was feeling on pressuring Bakugo into taking care of him and probably even making him feel guilty.

And yet, he couldn't help but be thankful for the reassurance. Not that he felt like he deserved it, but, it was nice either way. And it felt awfully gnawing and awful how he longed for more. More than just him sitting here. Shockingly, Bakugo felt the same way.

"Hey, Izuku." Izuku slowly titled his head so that he could just barely see Bakugo's face, and Bakugo turned his head fully towards them, the two looking at each other for a few seconds as if in trance.

Slowly, Bakugo leaned in, and Midoriya didn't flinch from the foreign contact of their noses touching. Bakugo glanced at Midoriya's eyes, and Midoriya, subconsciously, did the same, and the two knew exactly what was happening, but at the same time, it was totally out of their control and instinctive.

Until, finally, their lips touched.

Their kiss was far from perfect, and it probably looked inferior to the perfect-first kisses people see in movies, but it ignited a feeling Bakugo and Midoriya knew neither wouldn't forget. Their bodies tingled, and Midoriya felt lightheaded, albeit in a good, pleasant way, while Bakugo felt the same way, unconsciously heating up his palms as his mind relaxed.