The Chaser and Jelousy

Midoriya stood awkwardly in the alley, playing with the hair next to his ear, straightening it and letting it bounce back. He let out a shaky sigh as he, again, looked at his watch, only to see that only 2 minutes had passed since the last time he did. Just because he came early once doesn't mean he'll always come early! Stop thinking so highly of yourself! Midoriya scolded himself. 

Suddenly, Midoriya winced as he tugged at the hair too harshly and let out another exhausted sigh as he straightened. Maybe he won't come after all...I mean, I know I'm 20 minutes early and everything, but still...!

Midoriya paced through the alley as he tried to calm down the voice in his face, but to no avail. Even better yet, he felt a tingling sensation in his gut that something was wrong. Although...

"Come on."

Before Midoriya could realize what was going on, he was yanked by the hand and dragged deeper into the alley. Midoriya yanked his hand away from the hooded figure, and the figure swirled around, an angry glare on their face.

Midoriya slightly relaxed as he recognized his best friend, Bakugo, but quickly tensed up again as he saw the angry and nervous look on his face as he impatiently watched Midoriya, his eyes darting from Midoriya, to Midoriya's hand, to somewhere behind Midoriya, again and again. Midoriya took a step towards Bakugo and reached out his hand, knowing that right now, Bakugo won't answer any of his questions, not in the hurried state he is in. Bakugo quickly grabbed Midoriya's hand, and once again yanked Midoriya after him, slightly more gently, but still roughly enough for Midoriya to flinch and hold back from escaping the blond's grasp again.

The two rushed further into the alleys, ending up what seemed like a few blocks away from where they were previously. Midoriya tugged his hood downward as they hurried out of the alley and down the crosswalk, and ran into more alleys of the now foreign buildings.

After about 10 minutes, they stopped, both slightly panting from the sudden running and nerves. Bakugo took a confident deep breath and turned towards Midoriya, who immediately looked him in the eyes, searching for answers while rubbing his wrists uncomfortably. Bakugo glanced at his hand before glancing at his own, as if realizing what he'd done, and let out a small sigh as he slowly reached for Midoriya, and with a small step towards Bakugo as a sign of consent, Bakugo wrapped his arms gently around Midoriya's upper body, under his arms, and Midoriya hesitantly kept his arms in front of his chest, as if wanting to have the space to be able to push Bakugo away if he wanted to.

"I didn't want him to see you. It would've ended up bad for both of us." Bakugo grunted under his breath as he clenched his fists by his sides. Midoriya slightly frowned at him in confusion, but kept quiet as Bakugo continued, although still as vague as earlier. "That bastard...He decided to follow me." Midoriya didn't question who it was as he waited for Bakugo to continue, hoping that Bakugo would finally calm down and tell him all the situation before Midoriya started to panic even more. Finally, Bakugo let out a tired sigh and leaned against the wall, and Midoriya did the same as he relaxed against the wall across from Bakugo.

"I...He was always nosy, always by my side...Kind of like you, but way more annoying and loud. Definitely doesn't know how to mind his own business or keep his mouth shut." Bakugo snarled as he scowled at Midoriya, although Midoriya knew better than to assume the scowl was directed at him. Even so, he felt himself slightly deflated as daunting thoughts began to form in his head, distracting him from the reluctantly speaking blond. What if Kacchan would change his mind about the noisy classmate, and befriend him like he had befriended me? Would he choose his classmate and a future hero, or his ex-best friend and a villain?

Midoriya...He didn't want to know.

"...He said he was worried and shit, but I honestly don't believe what he's saying. He was always nosy, but he's gotten even further with that. That damn stalker would've followed me to the alley if Kaminari hadn't exposed him on accident." Bakugo suddenly spoke again, luckily snapping Midoriya out of his thoughts, but the emotions from them lingered as he studied Bakugo's now evasive glare, searching for any hint of treachery. He found none, and instead simply let out a small sigh, doing his best to gulp down the knot in his throat as he tried to calm his trembling.