The Binds of a Promise

Midoriya paled. He remembered...He remembered his promise, and now, Shigaraki was trying to use it against him. Midoriya's body shook with anger as he clenched his fists, glaring at the male with shock and malice as he tried to calm down. This was a challenge. This was a challenge, a promise Shigaraki wanted Midoriya to break if he wanted to get his friend back.

"C'mon, I won't even fight back if you do. Do it. Kill me. Use your quirk." Shigaraki stated, grinning as he leaned closer to the trembling boy in his arms that was shaking in Shigaraki's grasp in fear. "Can't you see? Your quirk is born for villainy! Possess me! Kill me! Make it look like suicide! You don't feel any pain when you hurt your vessels, don't you?! So come at me!" Shigaraki laughed, his eyes wide and shining excitedly as he grinned at him insanely, before smirking and leaning towards Mustard, his grip tightening around his throat and his finger even closer than before.

"Or do you want your friend to die instead?" Midoriya paled at the thought as he tried to get himself to think rationally, although...He couldn't. There was no right answer. Both the answers were wrong, and yet, was there really no other option? But...Shigaraki was right, wasn't he? His quirk was villainous. His quirk could easily kill Shigaraki, and if he did kill him like that...It would be for the greater good, wouldn't it? Who cares what his friends think, if in the end, he'll save them? He can take the punishment afterwards...So why, why did it hurt so much?!

"Do it." Shigaraki snarled and Midoriya heard a gasp, and his eyes widened as he watched Shigaraki press his finger against Mustard's skin just long enough for it to start bleeding. Mustard shivered and Midoriya grit his teeth in anger. Now he really did want to kill the bastard. He wanted to make sure he would never wake up. But could he seriously do it while Bakugo was watching him? While Mustard was watching him? Would he risk losing them for their sake?

The next seconds passed dreadfully slowly and quietly, only panicked shallow breathing of the hostage and Midoriya's pounding heart in his ears. He couldn't do it. He couldn't save his friend, he couldn't make the right decision, he couldn't risk his promise to save a life, and yet one day, he wanted to become a hero...How could be a hero if he hesitated like this?

Midoriya gasped and flinched as Bakugo suddenly sprinted forward, small, warning explosions sparking in his hands, and Shigaraki also flinched from the sudden movement as his grip tightened around Mustard's throat. Mustard's eyes watered as he felt his skin begin to disintegrate, and Midoriya barely understood what was happening as he quickly sprinted after Bakugo. Bakugo punched Shigaraki in the face, Mustard leaning his head to the side as much as he could to avoid the punch, and Shigaraki released his grip on Mustard and clutched his nose. Just as the villain realized what he did, he quickly reached back out towards Mustard, only for Bakugo to grab his wrist, and twisting him so that the villain's back would face him, pushed him down, pinning him and placing his arms on his back upwards so that he wouldn't be able to touch anything. Sadako roared as she ran towards the blond, but Midoriya quickly jumped at her, possessing her, and she stopped, now under his control. He ignored the sick feeling in his stomach and quickly turned towards Bakugo. He was about to ask him to help knock Sadako out, when he saw another figure behind him, a knife in his hand, and his eyes widened with realization.

"Kacchan!" After that, everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

As Midoriya jumped towards Bakugo, his hand reaching out desperately as the man whom he possessed earlier swung his hand backwards, the knife aimed right at Bakugo. Bakugo turned around, his eyes widening as he realized what was happening, and that he couldn't dodge. Mustard grit his teeth in panic but he didn't have enough time to react as he continued to press his hand against his wound which had disintegrated even more when Bakugo attacked Shigaraki.

Finally, the knife pierced Bakugo's skin, making him gasp in shock, and for everyone's eyes to widened in shock, but Bakugo, despite the knife sticking out of his shoulder, quickly spun around and chopped with his hand to the right of the attackers neck, successfully knocking the villain out. Mustard looked at him in disbelief as he turned towards them, biting his lip uncomfortably as he slowly glided his finger next to his wound as he tried to look at it.

"I...Izuku...?" Mustard called out quietly as he looked at Bakugo. Bakugo turned his head towards Mustard as he smiled, a knife still piercing through this shoulder, tilting towards his neck.

"Ouch...This is gonna hurt..." Bakugo said quietly as he let out a tired sigh. Suddenly, Bakugo fell backwards, gulping the air in shock as he blinked rapidly, before looking in front of him. His eyes widened at the sight, and the familiar male turned towards him slightly, his hand slowly reaching towards where the stab wound was, the knife now in between him and Bakugo. "Don't worry, I have a high pain tole..." Midoriya's voice trailed off as he fell forwards, his eyes fluttering close as he exhaled, falling into Mustard's hand.

"Izuku!" Both boys called out as Bakugo rushed up to them, ignoring the grunting Sadako who was still recovering from Midoriya's quirk. Bakugo kneeled next to Midoriya, and as he checked his wound that was now gushing out with blood, he heard an annoyed sigh and his head snapped angrily towards the leader as he dusted himself off, a look of irritation behind his hand-mask. Bakugo opened his mouth, ready to yell at the man when Midoriya let out a small grunt as he shifted in the Mustard's grasp. Suddenly, an idea came to his mind and his eyes flickered towards Mustard as he immediately leaned close to him, whispering in his ear.

"Hey, let me take Midoriya. Use your quirk on them, this will help with capturing them and knocking them out before the heroes come." Bakugo whispered urgently but quietly enough for them to not be heard by the villains. Mustard's eyes widened and he slightly shook his head, leaning towards Bakugo's ear as well as he whispered.

"If I do that, you will get knocked out too! I can't risk it!" Mustard hissed into his ear as he searched his eyes. Hadn't the time he got so easily knocked out during the SCAC attack already told him enough? Yet Bakugo shook his head firmly as he leaned towards Mustard's ear again, urgency and anger in his voice as he spoke,

"If you'll be quick about it, then no. I trained against quirks like yours, I can do it. Just do it already, stupid extra!" Bakugo snapped as he frowned at the ex-villain. Mustard visibly gulped, too nervous and scared to be offended, and finally nodded firmly as he handed Midoriya to Bakugo. Bakugo placed his hand desperately over Midoriya's wound, which was still bleeding badly, a puddle growing in his hand and on the floor with every second. Mustard took a deep breath as he rushed towards where Shigaraki had left, without his comrade as a matter of fact, and as soon as he saw Shigaraki walking towards the stairs slowly, in an almost relaxed manner, he growled and sped up. Shigaraki heard him and swirled around just in time to see Mustard taking a deep breath as he released his gas into the air, Shigaraki immediately gasped for air himself as he realized what was going on.

Meanwhile, Bakugo picked up Midoriya carefully, ignoring his abuser who was already standing up and growling at them as Bakugo carefully shifted Midoriya in his arms so that his head wasn't hanging, which could worsen the wound. He then quickly took in a deep breath as he watched the air near the staircase turn pink, and quickly ran in as he began to count the seconds, knowing his approximate limit. He rushed up the stairs, already wanting to breathe, and shut his eyes tightly before opening them again, holding back from breathing. He knew his limit, but was his limit enough for him to get himself and Midoriya out of there? And besides...He knew his limit for when he was standing in place, not doing anything. Would less than two minutes be enough for him to get himself and the wounded out of the sedated zone?

Bakugo grit his teeth and let out a pained groan, muffled by his still closed mouth. He really, really wanted to breath. He felt himself slip away, starting to get dizzy as his head started to hurt, his vision covered by static making him lose his coordination even more, hitting the walls that would've been obvious to even a blind person as he walked down the straight corridor...Maybe straight. It all seemed so twisted, so strange...

Bakugo hit against the corner of a wall, hissing in pain as he felt himself become more sensitive from the lack of oxygen. He needed to breathe. A little breath won't do much ri...No, no, no, he couldn't breath! It wasn't for his sake, it was for Midoriya's!

Bakugo let out a pained hum as he turned slightly more to the right, before hitting a wall in front of him and turning right once more, nearly tripping on the stairs. The stairs! That's right, the stairs were leading upwards, and that meant he was close!