The Villain Midoriya's Last Mission

Midoriya blended with the shadows well, and carried no anxiety as he walked towards the way-too familiar alleyway in which he knew he would find the key to his mission. He wasn't surprised to see a corpse there either, on top of which lay a letter to Midoriya to connect him to a crime should he have not come to collect it. It would've been a smart move if it was someone who didn't know him, but Midoriya knew him all to well to not prepare himself to the familiar stench beforehand, his nostrils nearly numb to it as he began to walk deeper into the ally, ripping the envelope.

Screams of women robbed by night-time villains, the sound of thumps and even cackling of the fire sounding in the night, all ignored as the greenette began to read his mission, ready for whatever was prepared for him next. And as much as he didn't like it, he felt a small smile creep onto his face.

It will be over soon, and it will end with his mission.

________________

Midoriya wasn't in class the next day, as much as Keisha wasn't in jail either.

In fact, Midoriya wasn't in his dormitory. Soon revealed, he wasn't on campus either. It wasn't hard to connect two and two together, or at least, for anyone who didn't know the greenette well, and yet Bakugo was heavily in denial, and Aizawa practically threatened the principal to not leak any information about the missing student to the press, who would evidently try and get their opinion as to how UA felt about the escape of one of the most dangerous villains in Japan, and then come to realize that a UA student had gone missing on the same day.

And yet, both the pupil and teacher met a dead end as to why it could've happened.

Aizawa didn't voice his opinion, neither did Bakugo, but both knew the other was trying to come up with a reason as to why Midoriya had broke the villains out of prison. Treachery was something that stayed in their mind for longer than they liked, but there was also threatening. But how? Through the League's connections? But hadn't Midoriya stopped going to meet with the villains connected to the League? If so, why break them out now of all times, if he wasn't threatened by anyone?

Bakugo groaned as he slumped on his chair, rubbing his eyes a bit too harshly than usual as he bit on his lip nervously, feeling marks start to form on it before biting his thumb instead. Why the fuck, why the fuck...?! Bakugo cursed in his mind. Treachery wasn't an option, and if Aizawa would consider it, he would be deadly wrong, Bakugo knew that. With how their relationship was growing, with how he finally had a chance to reach his goal on becoming a hero, Midoriya had not villainous intent whenever he did any of those things. He couldn't have snapped, he was pretty stable, so why would anything like that–

Stable? Bakugo suddenly thought. Was Midoriya stable? He didn't have outbursts. Or did he? The crying and then the numbness...That's normal for everyone, right? Bakugo wasn't one to cry, so he didn't know, but it had to be, right? It had to make sense! But could it be deeper than that? Could there have been something Bakugo hadn't noticed?

Could he have missed out on the signs?

Bakugo tried his best to remember the last events. The day they kissed, it was because Midoriya had a nightmare, right? He had cried, he had let it all out, not much should've stayed. After the incident with Keisha, they seemed to have sorted it out too. So when was there any room for something to happen, something that Bakugo hadn't noticed?

Bakugo thought for a long time, not that he could tell with how deep in thought he was. Although, when realization suddenly clicked in his mind, he sprinted towards the faculty dormitory as if he hadn't been sitting down for the past hour, ignoring the way his lungs burned as he turned the corner and slammed his fist against the locked entrance.